Technical headlight bulbs

Currently reading:
Technical headlight bulbs

Hi again Luigi,

Have checked my handbook and its H1, ONE bulb in each headlight assy. The only reason the book shows two per assy is because they list the 'wattage' on High Beam, and separately on Low Beam. Its one bulb which has two elements contained within it, the lower power element illuminates on dip beam, and the higher power element illuminates on full beam.

As Dave above says, you can get bulb kits from the likes of Poundland, Asda, Tesco, Aldi...................and so on. So no need to go to Halfords and pay a fortune.........

Take care, Qube O......

Have checked my handbook and its H1, ONE bulb in each headlight assy. The only reason the book shows two per assy is because they list the 'wattage' on High Beam, and separately on Low Beam. Its one bulb which has two elements contained within it, the lower power element illuminates on dip beam, and the higher power element illuminates on full beam.

H1 bulbs only have 1 filament, as I suspected you must have a H4 bulb! (y)

Hi MEPs, Thats interesting.................short of removing a bulb to do a physical check..........no real idea. Book defo says H1, lists it twice, as low wattage and high wattage, main & dip beam, and I most certainly only have 1 bulb per side, with two elements a bulb !!!!!!!! mystery.............

Have just opened another window on the computer, and checked these h1 & h4 bulbs, and yes I bow to your knowledge MEPs, your spot on. So is it possible that Qubos for the U.K. use a H4, and the handbooks never got changed from h1 ?????????

Watch this space..............mystery...

Take care Qube O.

Last edited:
Back