General Fiat Qubo Headlights

Currently reading:
General Fiat Qubo Headlights

Raggermuffin

Hi I am just buying a Fiat Qubo from Uk. Living in France hence need to change headlights. Any suggestions Please where I get them from?

Thank you

Hi. I have my 2012 RHD Qubo 1.3 dualogic in France. I intended to register it here, but as I have a UK address too I kept it on UK plates ( as we may decide to return to UK) and got 365 days European cover from Saga.

I did however buy the LHD headlights, and still have them in case I decide to French register ( i don't want to sell them presently)

It has been my experience generally the LHD headlights are cheapest from Germany. I've registered 5 UK cars here, and on all the previous ones, I got the LHDs from ebay.de (search scheinwerfer) --usually a quick service, reliable, and massively cheaper than French prices, which can be ridiculous.

However, for the Qubo I found one genuine Peugeot Bipper LHD light in UK and got it at a bargain price , then bought the other off ebay.fr ( search phare) for about 50% more than the UK one, but still cheaper than even Germany. It just depends on who is advertising at the time....

When I was looking, even some Italian suppliers were advertising on ebay.fr, a pair of LHDs for about £150 delivered.

Do you know that the headlights are identical on the Nemo, Bipper, Qubo and Fiorino, so you can search for the best price on all.

As to your other separately posted Q re the CoC. My V5 carries the type approval at section K- but obviously, I haven't tried it at the prefecture. From what I read, acceptance at prefectures varies- and the DVLA inputting doesn't ALWAYS put every bit of the type approval in that is required in France. It's a bit of a lottery- as a rule of thumb, try the V5 at a Controle Technique station- you'll need a CT before registering anyway ( unless it's less than 4 years old?). If the K number is accepted at the CT station, then it may well satisfy the prefecture

I've registered 2 previous UK FIATs . My 87 Strada Abarth predated CoCs, so I got a partial Attestation from FIAT France, then had it inspected at DREAL. However, your Qubo will qualify for a CoC, and as it was first registered in UK you should apply to FIAT UK if you find you need one.

Mine, for a Doblo, was supplied foc- but I know from contact with FIAT that they now charge around £150- so it's worth trying the K number first. FIAT supply only one CoC ever for a car- it comes in Italian, duly officially stamped-- my prefecture accepted it in Italian without problem. NOTE that they will take the CoC from you and retain it- so make a copy...........

Good luck

Thank you for the info. As you said as it has a K number CT/prefecture may accept it. But at least I have a number on the reg document. Hopefully they will accept it without a hard copy of the document! I had to smile yesterday when a local accessories shop. gave me a price on headlights of 188,00 each. Ho! Ho! I will check out ebay!!.

Back