General Headlight adjustment problem

Currently reading:
General Headlight adjustment problem

pogo001

Hi.
I recently changed the rh dipped beam bulb. After, I noticed that the dipped beam was pointing down very low, I thought I hadn't seated the bulb properly.
However, the adjustment motor is constantly whirring away, and the bulb is seated correctly. I can't adjust the LHS beam either from inside the cab, unless I unplug the whole RHS headlight. Should I have reset something?.

Hi.
I recently changed the rh dipped beam bulb. After, I noticed that the dipped beam was pointing down very low, I thought I hadn't seated the bulb properly.
However, the adjustment motor is constantly whirring away, and the bulb is seated correctly. I can't adjust the LHS beam either from inside the cab, unless I unplug the whole RHS headlight. Should I have reset something?.
Is it possible when you fitted the bulb the lamp unit got pushed and popped the ball joint that the headlamp adjuster motor engages in with the headlamp it's self.
I have come across headlamps where it has broken off , the affect is the headlamp reflector part becomes floppy, not held firmly allowing it do move up and down freely.

Is it possible when you fitted the bulb the lamp unit got pushed and popped the ball joint that the headlamp adjuster motor engages in with the headlamp it's self.
I have come across headlamps where it has broken off , the affect is the headlamp reflector part becomes floppy, not held firmly allowing it do move up and down freely.
I guess it's possible. I wasn't rough with it, and even took out the headlight to replace the bulb so it all went ok, or so I thought. But, it does sound likely, although the reflector is solid in its position. I'll strip down the headlight this weekend, hopefully fix whatever is wrong .

Back