Technical Headlamps again !

Currently reading:
Technical Headlamps again !

My 2001 b goes in for APK (MOT) Tuesday, and my headlamps are way out of wack.
The lights are manual and the right side high and dipped lights seem reasonably OK and respond normally to the hand adjustment on the back.
The left-dipped is out of focus, so I assume ( I hope ) it is not seated properly. The left-high is really high and the adjustment screw seems to have a diagonal effect. A bit strange. Any ideas?
Referring back to old posts: does anyone have a chart or drawing of how the properly adjusted lights should look when shining on a wall ? Height at a particular distance? That sort of thing?
grtz
Eric

My 2001 b goes in for APK (MOT) Tuesday, and my headlamps are way out of wack.
The lights are manual and the right side high and dipped lights seem reasonably OK and respond normally to the hand adjustment on the back.
The left-dipped is out of focus, so I assume ( I hope ) it is not seated properly. The left-high is really high and the adjustment screw seems to have a diagonal effect. A bit strange. Any ideas?
Referring back to old posts: does anyone have a chart or drawing of how the properly adjusted lights should look when shining on a wall ? Height at a particular distance? That sort of thing?
grtz
Eric
Hi,

I had a similar thing a while ago and it was as simple as the dipped bulb not seated correctly. It’s quite hard to see/reach.

Worth checking?

Mike

For sure! Thanks Mike. I replaced all my bulbs a few months ago, so I know the routine. Actually not too difficult once I understood how it all works. Fiddly stuff ;) But I still got it wrong somehow.
Eric

Checked again this afternoon, Mike. Fiddled with the spring-clip intending to remove the bulb, and felt a slight click. Eureka! Problem solved ;)
I read somewhere here on the site that when the lights shine against a wall, the top line of the light should be sharp. If not, the bulb is not seated properly. In this case that appears to be true. Thanks ! to whoever posted that somewhere.
grtz
Eric

Checked again this afternoon, Mike. Fiddled with the spring-clip intending to remove the bulb, and felt a slight click. Eureka! Problem solved ;)
I read somewhere here on the site that when the lights shine against a wall, the top line of the light should be sharp. If not, the bulb is not seated properly. In this case that appears to be true. Thanks ! to whoever posted that somewhere.
grtz
Eric
Very good….I got as far as taking my headlight out to take apart, only to find the bulb wasn’t in right!

I was down in the garage to just that. Had the whole afternoon planned for it ;)
Fortunately, there's always enough to do with a b.
But it shows again how qwerky the b is: tinny little nuances between total sh** and perfect harmony ;)

Back