Technical Head unit help

Currently reading:
Technical Head unit help

MrGriff

I've read that I will need to swap two wires to get power to my JVC HU. Which wires is it and what do they look like? A detailed description in utter layman terms is needed if possible. Pictures of the two wires would be even better (y)

How do you get the little metal connectors out from the black plastic part at the end of the iso adaptor?

How do you get the little metal connectors out from the black plastic part at the end of the iso adaptor?

dont bother doing that ... :eek:

Its simple you use bullet connectors. like this picture below.

DSCF0089.jpg

Unfortunately I had already pulled them out :stupid:
Anyways I put the yellow wire where the red one came from, and the yellow where the red was on the black plug bit. The HU (with some fiddling with the wire) came on the sounded like it was loading the CD, then turned off again.

Every now and then it would load for the same time, then die as before. I don't understand how it stays on for the same time every time if it isn't getting a constant 12v? Is there anyone who can help in the Huddersfield area as it's killing me lol.

Go and buy the standard 'off the shelf' Vauxhall ISO adapter fron Halfords (14.99) it swaps the red and yellow for you and will sort it out.
This saves you butchering anything and makes it easier to put everything back when the time comes!

Bit late I took the wires out from the JVC ISO adaptor like a div :( Any ideas? Sorry for the stupidity but as you can tell wiring isn't my bag!

DSCF0589.jpg

Back