General Head Scratching

Currently reading:
General Head Scratching

Highlander

Hi folks, as I had a quiet day I decided to read all the threads, so needless to say here come some points and questions.

First is an engine querie, it states in the handbook that the engine is fitted with a supercharger, and not a turbo as was in the Panda, is this correct?.

Next. M.P.G. Now we have only had the car a few months, but fuel economy seems ok, dash is showing 53 to 57 mpg average. On a run from Edinburgh to Gretna just after Xmas, return of just over 70 mpg.
As the new engine beds in I would expect to see the fuel economy improve.

Stability, any car is unstable if driven in a careless manner, I just passed a Cooper S on its roof in a field today. (even the best can do it ).
I think at the end of the day we have got to remember that we have bought Fiat Qubo's and they aint gonna handle like a Mini or MX-5.

Apart from that can anyone tell me how to open the cover, to put my USB stick in.

cheers Ian.

It's a turbo. In Italian the term is closer to 'super', and this gets mistranslated sometimes.

Cars should be safe to drive normally. Quick-flick lane changing, as is sometimes necessary for avoidance reasons, shouldn't make a car topple over. If ESP can prevent this happening it should be fitted as standard, otherwise the car is potentially unsafe.

Cars should be able to be driven safely at their limit and then let go controllably. Idiot kids, however, will turn over anything, particularly on bends, since they have no understanding of the basic laws of physics.

MPG looks very good, but will it keep up on slip roads entering motorways and get up to 70 mph quickly and safely? This matters to many people who live in congested dual carriageway regions where hanging about and holding people up is not on the driving agenda.

Dunno about the USB cover. Try sliding? Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi Highlander, welcome

Usb cover, the plastic cover with the windows sign on, next to the ciggie lighter all you have to do is pull upwards. Make sure you have your usb stick correctly lined up before connecting.

Good luck with your new qubo, enjoy!

Hi Ulplan,
My querie about the turbo stemmed not only from the hand book but from the brochure which both stated Super Charger.

As for the MPG. I would expect it to get better as the engine eases out.

Stability and performance vary from vehicle to vehicle, I've been fortunate enough to have driven most things from a Mint to a 32 tonner. To be honest I dont think the Qubo is that bad, if driven with a little care and attention.

Cheers for the welcome
Ian

Back