Technical Head Gasket size

Currently reading:
Technical Head Gasket size

KrisZak

I need to replace the head gasket on my 2011 Fiat Punto Evo 1.3 multijet diesel 75hp, I was wondering if anyone knows the standard head gasket size and amount of notches without having to strip the engine to see for myself as I need it for daily driving, thanks.

I need to replace the head gasket on my 2011 Fiat Punto Evo 1.3 multijet diesel 75hp, I was wondering if anyone knows the standard head gasket size and amount of notches without having to strip the engine to see for myself as I need it for daily driving, thanks.
Can you look at a new notched gasket to check the position of notches on your engine, years ago I had to do that on VW Golf Diesels.
I assuming you are going to have the head machined, so if in doubt go for a thicker gasket.

Can you look at a new notched gasket to check the position of notches on your engine, years ago I had to do that on VW Golf Diesels.
I assuming you are going to have the head machined, so if in doubt go for a thicker gasket.
i will not be getting the head machined, the store quoted me a gasket 0.92 mm with 2 notches as they didnt have smaller but online the 0.72 (smallest one so i am assuming its the standard?) but these have no notches and cant seem to find one with 2

i will not be getting the head machined, the store quoted me a gasket 0.92 mm with 2 notches as they didnt have smaller but online the 0.72 (smallest one so i am assuming its the standard?) but these have no notches and cant seem to find one with 2
Two notches should be fine, main thing is not to close to pistons.
Why is head coming off, if gasket blown or overheated head should be skimmed flat.

Two notches should be fine, main thing is not to close to pistons.
Why is head coming off, if gasket blown or overheated head should be skimmed flat.
gasket not blown, replacing seals and piston rings as bit of oil burning so was advised to change gasket while the rest was being done too.

Back