Technical Haynes Cinquecento Manual/Electrical

Currently reading:
Technical Haynes Cinquecento Manual/Electrical

The wiring diagram 12*19 item 17 ref: the Lambda sensor in the HAYNES manual appears to be wrong. The 4 wire sensor has the pre heat on blue/yellow - brown/green and the sensor on green/black - light blue. These should be the other way round. Sensor to blue/yellow - brown/green. I found this out when I bought one of the cheaper flying lead type sensors where you connect to your existing plug block. *****Has anyone else come across this also?*****

looking at the diagram, it kinda looks correct..

i cant make sense of the haynes block diagram of the lambda sensor though. only found this.. whch doesnt help!

lsu4-1.gif

i can't figure out what the bottom part of the diagram is in haynes, but to me - it looks like some sort of variable component. the diagonal line accross it suggests that.

where as the other is just a resistor..which would work as a heater.

I suppose it is possible for haynes to have got the diagram totally wrong..

if you were to follow wires even further, the diagram is wrong as it does not contain the main engine managment relay either.

I suppose it is possible for haynes to have got the diagram totally wrong..

if you were to follow wires even further, the diagram is wrong as it does not contain the main engine managment relay either.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY! I checked in a Polish manual after the new sensor failed to work but by then it was too late. I thought this was worth a mention as a warning to others that might think about fitting a non pre-wired Lambda sensor.

tell haynes. so far i've reported more than a dozen errors in haynes manuals to haynes via their feedback form on the website. they say thankyou when you get it right, but they are also rude if you are wrong. i was wrong twice, both times they mocked me (i'll see if i can find the emails and post them, they're so funny). i now take every opportunity to tell them where they're wrong. its like a competiton we have.

Back