Have you ever thought about Excess Protection Insurance?

Currently reading:
Have you ever thought about Excess Protection Insurance?

ChrisKnottIns

Official trader
Official trader
Let’s say you recently made a claim on your Car Insurance.

The good news is that it's been processed and you’ve received a payout so you can get your vehicle back on the road.

However, you may find that paying the excess on your claim means your finances still take a hit.

This is where Excess Protection Insurance comes in. With this policy in place, you’ll get your policy excess back – even if you’re at fault.

This is a policy that is now open to everyone, even if you don’t have your Car Insurance with us.

Here are a few benefits you might like to weigh up:
  • Enjoy a full reimbursement of up to £1,000
  • Cover both voluntary and compulsory excesses
  • Get speedy reimbursement should there be a delay of 6 or more months in recovering your excess from a third party
  • Take advantage of 12 months of protection for your pocket

If you’d like to find out more, head over to the Chris Knott Insurance website: https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/motor-insurance/excess-protector/.

You can also ask me any questions.

Best wishes,

Simon

Thanks for the info but I have a comment / question.

If I'm not at fault then there is no excess (recovered losses) unless the offending party is not insured in which case many policies cover uninsured driver.

If I'm at fault then yes I have to pay the excess but the site states FROM £25 per year. Could be even higher. With a high £250 excess then my fault every 10 years. With £100 then my fault every 4 years.

No doubt as with all insurance the initial £25 is going to increase each year?

What upsets me most with the car insurance business is that even if I have a no fault claim fully paid for by the other party my premium will go up because the Underwriters say statistically even if you have a no fault accident and claim you are statistically more likely to have another accident in the future.

Thanks for the info but I have a comment / question.

If I'm not at fault then there is no excess (recovered losses) unless the offending party is not insured in which case many policies cover uninsured driver.

If I'm at fault then yes I have to pay the excess but the site states FROM £25 per year. Could be even higher. With a high £250 excess then my fault every 10 years. With £100 then my fault every 4 years.

No doubt as with all insurance the initial £25 is going to increase each year?

What upsets me most with the car insurance business is that even if I have a no fault claim fully paid for by the other party my premium will go up because the Underwriters say statistically even if you have a no fault accident and claim you are statistically more likely to have another accident in the future.
Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

Any one looking to purchase Excess Protection Insurance certainly needs to weigh up the pros and cons. Our experience is that those who purchase it do so because they would rather pay a smaller amount up front each year in order to not have to pay (actually, pay and claim back) the full excess at the time of a claim. Others are happy to take the risk and not take the cover based on their own assessment of how likelihood of a claim occurring.

Thanks again for taking the time to post on this topic.

Simon

Back