has this idea gone out the window???

Currently reading:
has this idea gone out the window???

Status
Not open for further replies.
sammiboo said:
this will be discussed IF there is enough interest, no point in discussing about something that might not happen.

Are you going to start a post/poll so we can register our support for the idea?:cool:

Steve

I'm with SammiKangaroo on this i've had a look only Panda club seems to be based in germany n the others seem bit naff to me FF may not be a club as such but i deffo the best out there (All Hail to the FF Mods :) ) I for 1 and am sure many others would be lost n stuck in Fiat Limbo if it was not for this Forum

this should become a imp forum topic and poll get every1s views it will only benifit all of us in the long run WE the FF members already know the FF is the best out there so why not make it the best period FF.

Without wishing to upset any current club members, I do think that it's a good idea. I just don't happen to have a spare £20 or more lying around to join a club that I wouldn't otherwise join, just for the sake of having somewhere to stand at an event.

Ok, had to re-read this a few times before understanding what is going on! :eek:

I don't see whats the problem :confused:, if i had the money laying around i would join ClubCento...it wouldn't be instead of FF and vice versa. My loyalty is with the fiatforum and if i went to an event i would like to see a fiatforum banner.

What are the costs?

sammiboo said:
for people who wish to vote their opinion there is a poll here https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=27492

personally i think we should support both the fiatforum and any clubs we are members of.
I totally agree with you, but as we can see with joecinq, he isn't prepared to join clubcento if there is the option to stand with FF cars.

PandaPerson, it has been agreed at Clubcento meetings that although we are not a dedicated panda club, we welcome them into the club. But it is down to personal preference

can get a decent banner made up, quite cheaply :D

can even get a great big fiat banner, will just need to paint the forum bit on ;)

i said no in other thread, but im torn between the too, i should really be all for it, but the car clubs rely on paying members, so i can see sie's pov

gaz_wrexham said:
i said no in other thread, but im torn between the too, i should really be all for it, but the car clubs rely on paying members, so i can see sie's pov
what he said!lol

sammiboo said:
sie if you read what joe has put he said it wouldnt be instead of, afterall this is just for events - clubs offers much more am sure when joe has the cash he will join clubcento. :)

:yeahthat: cheers sammi, i worded it wrongly.

I DO have a Clubcento sticker, just need to join the club :)

i think its a good idea for when clubs are not having stands at events as they cant do them all every year each month as they offer so much already..but i have still joined Clubcento and will still be going as a member of the club..but i also do things like Fiat Forum Skeggy Weekender which is a Fiat Forum thang..lets get a banner for Skeggy ;)

I'm a recent BOO member, but a longstanding FF member and I don't see why I can't be a member of both? I don't think we should be competing with clubs as some of you seem to think we will be, but as an augmentation - for those who don't have anywhere to go, who don't fancy joining their owners club. I don't think anyone wants to tread on anyone elses toes but it would be a good way to promote the forum and share experiences. The egalitarian aspect here where 'anything goes' is one thing I love about the place and I think something to show off the variety of Fiats and what can be done would be fab :) I hope you understand what I'm trying to say there!

I Think I must be a bit slow:eek: I just cannot see why there is such a problem with the fiat forum having a stand at every show and event possible it will not stop me from paying my yearly subs to my local modded car forum or visiting all the other car forums I belong to. All it gives me is the choice who to attend shows with and with whom to show my car . I hope this idea takes of as I think the idea of a multi car fiat forum should be spread around.

Steve

:yeahthat: I reckon Vote edit YES -
icon2.gif
I'm with Sammiboo on this one (y)
dave said:
who will buy the banner? where will it be put up?
- :eek: Good Question Dave, What’s the looking budget like?

:idea: My housemate puts nights (edit: on) in and around Manchester... I can arrange (on a shoe string budget) the making of banner, printing of any posters, ect…

:devil: I’m not posting (for now) any more of my ideas about The Stand here – don’t want any opposition nicking them, but there is loads more stuff I could arrange!

LATE EDIT! - :spin: the thread splits on poll :spin: good job.

Last edited:
My problem with this idea is that it will kill the owners clubs.

I'm all for the Fiat Forum, God knows I spend enough time on here and attend the events etc. but look at who has supported this place and made it what it is - members of Clubcento, Boo and others.

Yes, people have the choice to attend whichever event under whichever club/forum they wish, but if you talk to the individual owner's club officials you will see that they quite often struggle to get a good attendance at shows.

Fine, you say - let's get them all together on one stand and it'll be massive.
Under the FF banner then?
Or under Boo?
Under Clubcento?

Why would people then choose to join their respective owner's club if they see they can get their car on a stand, get into events etc. and have all the benefits associated with club memberships... without paying a penny.

Take me for example, I'm an officer of Clubcento. Say at Donny next year there is a Clubcento stand and a Fiat Forum stand. I know and am good friends with many of you on here, but am a member too of Clubcento. Which stand do I choose?

One argument put forward has been "People should stick with their owner's club" - so does that mean if someone is a member of Clubcento they can't have their car on the FF stand? As has been mentioned, you can't tell anyone which they can and cannot attend with.

Say someone has a Mk2 Punto, a Coupe, a Bravo or whatever but they aren't a member of the owner's club. Are they then welcome on the FF stand? Even though the respective owner's club attends as well?

Say they do attend, but sit on the FF stand. There we go, a public display that you don't need to support the owner's club.

I think the main problem here is the specific Fiat nature of this. There are many other clubs attending shows such as cruise clubs etc - but they're not brand specific so aren't in direct competition quite so much. Cruise clubs etc. seem to be local groups whereas we're national, so the conflict doesn't really come into it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back