Harly Wax - Yellow Brazilian Carnauba Wax

Currently reading:
Harly Wax - Yellow Brazilian Carnauba Wax

bozzy said:
Just tried it, takes a lot to please me but this worked. Prepping was a nightmare but you won't get results like this unless you work for it. Overall, worth the price and some. Recommend others try it too.

:yeahthat: :woot: :slayer: (y)

centaur said:
As for "100% Carnauba Wax" - I remain sceptical, as it must be around 50-60% wax. 100% Carnauba wax means you will never be able to apply it as it is rock hard!!!

i always advise people to get 100% carnauba wax, and they usually have the same reaction. when the package says 100% carnauba wax it doesnt mean the only ingredient is carnauba wax, it just means the only wax or polish used is carnauba. most other wax or polish products on the market are a combination of several types or wax and polish.

you're right, pure carnauba is solid at room temperature so there will also be a solvent used to make the wax softer, often as a paste, gel or liquid, depending on the solvent used. that doesnt mean the wax isnt 100% carnauba, even though the contents arent 100% carnauba wax. i prefer a paste, its harder to apply but it gets a good coat on the paint that seems to last longer and doesnt come off as easily when washing the car on a hot day. the liquid stuff is easy to apply but no where near as long lasting. which is weird when you consider they all contain the exact same wax.

Here she is , all waxed up. Pictures don't capture the depth well but take my word for it stunning.

Attachments

• ebay 019.jpg
    ebay 019.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 133
Bozzy, the car looks mint! (y)

I have noticed that the wax attracts the dirt like a little b*tch! Anyone else experience this problem?

Bozzy where is that pic taken? Looks like the Licky Hills car park. Or somewhere near Northfield?

Or is it one of those many dogging sites? :D

bozzy said:
Centaur, youre' right, "up the lickey's", round the corner from me!

How cool was that, just to spot it from your photo!

Any meets happening you know about locally mate? Don't mind travelling to Brum as am only in Cov. Am at Star Shi...err...City most weekends anyway :D

centaur said:
How cool was that, just to spot it from your photo!

Any meets happening you know about locally mate? Don't mind travelling to Brum as am only in Cov. Am at Star Shi...err...City most weekends anyway :D

I still can't believe you guessed the lickeys from a single picture

There is a meet at Gaydon next Sunday, 10 minutes from you! FiatForum @AutoItalia. There will be a good turnout and you would be welcome.

See events thread at the top, the more Stilo's the better(y)

Sorry centaur, wrong car, right colour :)

Yeah, my Sunday is well and truly reserved for the Gaydon meet on Sunday, so I will look forward to meeting as many of you as possible and shaking your hands :) Please be kind to me as it will be my first ever event type thingamajig, and I will probably look totally lost and most definitely lonely. Plus, my car will be clean (with a few small scratches and one minor dint in the wing), but not modded or souped up to any thing like some of yours.

Bozzy, sorry mate, I meant any non-forum meets say round Brum or surrounding areas? :)

Back