Technical Halfords & CD player

Currently reading:
Technical Halfords & CD player

HornetUK

Established member
I have the standard fit radio/tape, but would like to have a CD player is the cheapest & easiest way to do it to go & get a free fit Halfords CD/radio put in for £100.

If I go for Blaupunkt (however you spell it!) is that less likely to mess up my electrics?

Am I safer buying a CD player / the panel adaptor and the removal tools (do Halford do them) and doing it myself?

I see this one is on their site

Blaupunkt Calgary MP3 CD Tuner
Item code: 180844-0

price £119.99 (inc. VAT)

Cheers

Last edited:
I like Sonys :D Looks good with the Autoleads facia

Picture036.jpg

I got the autoleads fascia adaptor from ebay, looks fine & bought an mp3/wma cd & radio from a local dealer (Kenwood), one thing I did need was a radio signal booster, (its something that attaches to the existing aeria) as I couldn't access am stations and the fm stations were very weak. The existing Fiat unit is a piece of p to remove. You will see that there are 4 holes on the front, just get 4 pieces of stiffish wire and poke them into each of the holes as far as they will go (you may feel a 'click') then simply pull the unit toward you, unplug and voila. Now i'm no electronic genius and if I can do it! :)

one thing I did need was a radio signal booster, (its something that attaches to the existing aeria) as I couldn't access am stations and the fm stations were very weak.
Is this the problem with the Visteon unit? I only ask because my radio reception is bobbins. :( I have asked the garage to check it out for me and they said they would have to contact Fiat for guidance. I am still waiting.

Cheers

Phil

Back