Tuning Gsr induction kit

Currently reading:
Tuning Gsr induction kit

rg5punto

i heard that the only way to get hold of a gsr is thru sum1 on here??
im after one for my 1.4 grande punto x

i heard that the only way to get hold of a gsr is thru sum1 on here??
im after one for my 1.4 grande punto x

Sadly this is no longer the case and pete is working away from the UK a lot to boot.

Search google for the GSR site or his own forum where you may find him. (Actually his site has expired.......)

Danny and I recently built a GSR clone for his Punto 1.4 16v, should be easy to convert it to fit the GP too.
http://www.torqueitalia.net/forum/t...nduction-Not-so-much-of-a-journey-as-the-Mjet

so is a k&n one not worth getting, coz i can pop down halfords now and pre order one lol

so is a k&n one not worth getting, coz i can pop down halfords now and pre order one lol

Sometimes......K&N are ok.

It just depends on where the actual filter ends up and the way the air gets from the filter to the throttle body.

Looking at the K&N site the 1.4 16v filter gets placed right above the exhaust manifold.

The 1.4 8v filter gets placed smack bang on top of the throttle body with some diswasher air pipe to "provide" cold air.

No go on both counts for my liking, Danny lost 5-10bhp with a simmilar setup on his.

Contact CPH on http://performancefiat.forumotion.net/ - dunno if this is the forum that Alex is saying expired.

Peter used to be on this forum but is now no longer a member. I had very good dealings with him when ordering my GSR and it came pretty quick.

The GSR is better due to it being custom, and its location, with proven results. Your K&N filter will suck in hot air from the engine and give you little or even less power.

Hey I dont do any prices :p

Just will help you out with the list of parts and some guidance on what to do :) And if your near enough I'll probably do the job for some cookies n a can of pop.

so basicly, dont bother with k&n, get the bits togetha n have a go at building one my self?

Alex, I really like the GSR you made and read the thread numerous times considering doing it myself. However, do you think an enclosed filter would benefit at all, only I dont particularly want to put my air filter that low down (I know it's unlikely I'm going to fall into a river and flood the the engine.. but it's something I would do :/).
So basically what do you reckon to getting an enclosed induction, positioning it in a similar place to the standard air box but getting a cold air feed from the front grill and using the principles that you used when constructing yours.
Thanks
Adam

The new GSR kit sits where the existing airbox is. If you want I can take pictures for you. (intalled). There is no way that any water will get into this new location, unless you go through a puddle up to the windscreen.

If you search threads Ive started/posted there are pics of the GSR when I just got it, might give you some indication to make one yourself.

Thanks mate, does it not get a bit hot there though? I was thinking of something similar but enclosed with a cold air feed from possibly inside the top grill if I could get access once all the fiat air box crap is removed. Even if it meant my filter was actually sitting vertical and whered yours is sitting now mine would have a 180degree bend there to go in search of fresh air

Don’t think it gets hot up there, its not near the engine, sits above the wheel arch. I imagine it would get air through the front bumper and grill ok. You can keep the standard air intake pipe to the GSR but I thought it was pretty insecure so I removed it. You would be able to get some sort of secure intake pipe no problem.

[FONT=&quot]The air filter also gets some air through the bonnet gap aswell. Il try get some pics later on.[/FONT]

Don’t think it gets hot up there, its not near the engine, sits above the wheel arch. I imagine it would get air through the front bumper and grill ok. You can keep the standard air intake pipe to the GSR but I thought it was pretty insecure so I removed it. You would be able to get some sort of secure intake pipe no problem.

[FONT=&quot]The air filter also gets some air through the bonnet gap aswell. Il try get some pics later on.[/FONT]

In my tests the intake temp did rise 20 degrees up there BUT thats at the MAF so you've got the intercooler to cool it anyway before it gets in the engine.

My kit can also be placed up there by the rotation of 2 joints.

attachment.php

http://www.torqueitalia.net/forum/t...tion-The-Journey?p=15067&viewfull=1#post15067
That post explains a little more.

As with having a closed filter down in the arch I don't see why not, just go for one that is free flowing and watch the space you have to play with.

PS youd have to get between 10-12 inches of water to do any drinking as the filter would have to be totally submerged before it took in water.

Remember that a short trip through that water would displace the lake/river/puddle anyway. Only a prolonged journey would have a major impact (at which point id worry for your electrics, interior etc.)

cant see the pictures, need to be a member.
Can you just pop one of two up on here?

Im also after a 1.4 16v GSR, i emailed Peter once and just asked about the kit and how to pay etc. He replied promptly but hasnt written back to any other of my emails... what can i do?

He is on Puntomk2 forum, Im waiting for a 1.4 16v now been a month - Waiting is all I can do I guess
but reading this thread making me wonder if I ever will, I want to experience the GSR

Last edited:
Just don't go holding your breath.

I guess soo :(:(:( But when i ordered surely he would of said I am not going to do it, rather than say :
HI Josh,

Got a new computer and have not logged in at pf.

Will process it today or tomorrow in blue.

Regards

Peter

Still i still have hope in peter that he will get it done

Back