100_2126.JPG

Panda (Classic) Grumbleweed

Introduction

been stubbornly refusing to stir outside the panda section for a long while but put a fair bit of time into tidying the old lad up this summer so thought I'd stick some photos together to show the state of play just now.
So for those of you who aren't al ready au fait, this is Grumbleweed, a 1990 Panda Sergio Tacchini with a mix of scrapyard warrior mods and fresh bits:

look! even found some scenery to take some pics:)

Highlights include the new mk2 golf splitter and chavtastic blue lensed driving lamps (they were reduced OK) in the front bumper, Momo steering wheel, aftermarket gearknob on shortened gearstick, 40mm drop on new standard shocks, mystery retro pepperpot wheels (anybody any idea? came off a Tipo in a scrappy) converted to Uno electronic dizzy, K&N panel filter in standard airbox with shortened intake, Powerflow stainless exhaust rear section with Y10 standard front section, array of extra instrumentation (tacho, oil pressure and volts) and assorted other bits and bobs dotted around that my father in law (the previous owner) fitted and I just find out about when new stuff I buy mysteriously doesn't fit:confused:
Andrew.
Yeah, remember him being on when he first got that pile of NOS parts. Dodgy though? take it you weren't impressed.

Only doing my mod bit......he is a dealer and buys parts for alsorts of cars. All the "what's this part?" talk was IMO selling on here. The parts could be found on eper. It happens elsewhere on the forum where dealers pose as ordinary members. Dealers have to pay a fee to the forum and register as such...that's what upset me. Having said that he is not a panda killer and buying stuff off him gets the thumbs up from me...just not for free on here.

You know when you look in the garage and think
'I wish I was as good at fitting new bits as I am at buying them':eek:

..that's a head gasket set, cambelt, water pump, big end bearings, piston rings, and the petrol tank. Also a new sender unit somewhere to put in the new tank to cure the running out of petrol when the gauge shows quarter full issue (hopefully).... so far. Bit of work afoot at some indeterminate time in the future.

So got a nice day, not at work, so took a good look at all those engine parts and thought.. nah can't be bothered. So now, for the first time since Stanford last year, Grumbleweeds bonnet is back to being all blue!
erm. I'll take some pictures when I've flatted back and polished a bit and it doesn't look like it's been painted by an enthusiastic but unskilled baboon:eek:

Last edited:
Yep.
https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/S...ype=&inline_search=1&availability=on&nights=1
Pandas are still pretty thin on the ground again this year by the look of it. Hope the Sisley turns up that was there last year to pull everyone off the soggy field!!

Mildly :Offtopic: but seeing this reminded me of a news report I saw earlier. Something in Devon (wasn't listening) where all the visitors got stuck in the boggy parking. There was a tractor pulling a newish Land Rover out of something (muddy track but nothing epic, just where people had been slithering around!) I'd expect a 2wd Panda to get through, let alone a 4x4. What's up with the owners of these land yacht's??!! :rolleyes:

If it wasn't so far I'd be tempted to go along with VmanC and AndyPanda4x4 (amongst others) just to prove a point, and maybe tug a few idiots out! :D

Last edited:
Mildly :Offtopic: but seeing this reminded me of a news report I saw earlier. Something in Devon (wasn't listening) where all the visitors got stuck in the boggy parking. There was a tractor pulling a newish Land Rover out of something (muddy track but nothing epic, just where people had been slithering around!) I'd expect a 2wd Panda to get through, let alone a 4x4. What's up with the owners of these land yacht's??!! :rolleyes:

If it wasn't so far I'd be tempted to go along with @VmanC and @AndyPanda4x4 (amongst others) just to prove a point, and maybe tug a few idiots out! :D
Yes I was watching that too and thinking 'that really ought to be pulling people out, not having to be rescued by a tractor!!'

Back