Technical Grease Keeps Appearing On Sill Under Drivers Door,

Currently reading:
Technical Grease Keeps Appearing On Sill Under Drivers Door,

Sorry, Sounds strange, but 3 times in a row now after I have washed my 500c I have found a large streak of dark grease on the sill below the drivers door after driving the car,

First couple of times I put it down to having driven through something, but it is too much of a coincidence now 3 times and appreas nowhere else on the car, just a streak of grease on the sill below the door as though it has been flicked up from the front drivers side wheel.

Any ideas what may be chucking grease out in that area?. Or has anyone else seen this happen!

It could be body cavity wax dribbling out from inside the doors.

They squirt the inside of the door bottom with black poo when it's all finished being assembled, since the bottom of the doors collects any water that runs down the glass. If there's a lot of wax then it will melt a bit when the weather is remotely warm and dribble out through the drain channels.

It should eventually reach a level where the excess wax is not heavy enough to overcome its own stickiness, so the dripping should stop... but make sure the drain channels are still clear or you'll have a swimming pool inside the doors before long.

Use a tiny bit of WD40 (or even Mr Sheen) to remove the drips.

Ralf S.

Thanks for the info,

What makes me think its not that is the grease is in a horizontal pattern rather than vertical drips as though it has been sprayed back from the Front wheel, Will try and get a picture next time..

It could be body cavity wax dribbling out from inside the doors.

They squirt the inside of the door bottom with black poo when it's all finished being assembled, since the bottom of the doors collects any water that runs down the glass. If there's a lot of wax then it will melt a bit when the weather is remotely warm and dribble out through the drain channels.

It should eventually reach a level where the excess wax is not heavy enough to overcome its own stickiness, so the dripping should stop... but make sure the drain channels are still clear or you'll have a swimming pool inside the doors before long.

Use a tiny bit of WD40 (or even Mr Sheen) to remove the drips.

Ralf S.

have you put too much tyre black on the tyres? Mine did that.

Never put any tyre black on them, they are as they came from the factory, but this is grease, Its thivk and viscous not like any paint or tar etc.

Had a look best I could at the CV Boot and it seems solid and unworn, clips seem to be in place at both ends, no visible signs of any big lumps of grease under there!

I've noticed some dribbling in my TA, but maybe it's me (an age related thing)

Check the inside of the wheel to, when the clip broke on my polo it covered the inside of the wheel, my clip wasn't actually broken just loose and it's surprising how quickly and far it goes.

Back