Grande Punto Sub & Amp

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Sub & Amp

Hi,

I have decided that i need to do something with the sound system in my Grande Punto Sporting. It has the optional factory fit sub.

I need to keep the original head unit and steering wheel controls so im looking at changing the front speakers running off the head unit amp, im going to leave the rears as they are and then i want to look at putting a new sub and amp in the back.

I was looking at maybe having a couple of 10" subs running off the one amp. I think i get the general jist of wiring them up. If i have a 4 channel amp it can be bridged to give me 2 channels with a higher output, is that correct?

If all of that is right then there are 2 things i need to know. Firstly what brands should i be looking at buying (im going to try and make as much cash as possible available for this but i dont want to spend the earth) and secondly, how do i match up the subs and the amp. For example i would think that if an amp has 4 x 55w RMS it would be 2 x 110w RMS bridged but this doesnt seem to be right.

Help me! :)

Rich

Back