DSC00428s.JPG

Grande Punto grande punto mods

Introduction

As I'm a poor teenager, I can only afford a GP 1.2 active. Owned the car for 3 months now, and it still doesnt feel like it's 'mine', thus it's time for some mods.

My only plans for this car are:

- Debadging (already done as with below pic)

- Tinting the rear window to allow approx 50% light though. I want people behind me to still be able to see into the car, but not make out specific colours. I wont be tinting any of the side windows, because I think the GP looks fine from the side. It's a 5 door anyway, I dont want it to look like a space pod. I won't be putting a sporting spoiler on the back as this will create a shadow at the top, and ruin the consistency of the tint.

- A Sunstrip tint across the top of the windscreen, I know 70% is the legal limit with the front end of the car. Basically, I want the sunstrip to (obviously) still be transparent, but want the edge between the tint and the lower half of the windscreen to be noticeable and defined. As the windscreen is surrounded by black edges anyway, it shouldnt look out of place (I hope :eek:)

- Lowering, call me insane, but I LOVE the wheel trims on this car, I simply cannot find any alloy wheel that actually looks subtle on the car (appart from fiats own). Car will be lowered on the steelies, approx 30mm each side if I can find the correct springs.

imho, the Grande Punto has a very "love/hate" front end, mainly the lights do this, which is why I want to focus the attention at the front to the top of the windscreen, in the same was that the skydome roof on the higher models has that lip at the front, reminds me slightly of the rally car vents on the roof of your average rally car.

Some pictures of my Fiat anyway, Will be interesting to hear peoples opinions of my plans:
The only multi-spoke alloys that would look acceptable on this car are probably fox racing evo3's. Ive had them on the car before, but those wheels are far too common, find then on fiesta's and astras.

From a distance you can barely tell its on steelies at the moment.

I did have 15 inch multispoke alloys on at one stage to see if I noticed a handling difference.

There was an ever, ever so slight reduction in bodyroll, and the alloys did make the car quieter than the stupidly loud steelies, but tbh it felt like it handled better on the steelies, so put em back on.

Last edited:
try and get the gp sporting alloys used? i personally think fiats own 17 alloys look the best on this car. and for lowering, im ordering some Eibach sportline springs for mine soon, lowers it 30mm, get it done!

Back