Grande Punto Grundig HU aux in hack

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Grundig HU aux in hack

Most of these links most of you have posted dont work anymore.. can anyone please post on for me please as I am really intrested in doing this!

Search in google: "ebay gm production". First link (for me) goes to the shop site of GM Production on ebay. The guy's on holiday in August, so you'll have to try again in september. (Can't post an URL; system won't let me yet.)

Regards,
Rudy

Last edited:
Hi,

We got our new 09 reg Grande Punto yesterday and despite doing as much research as we could before getting it, the one thing I didn't appreciate was that the Blue/ME wouldn't be compatible with my ipod. Well, it is, but it won't play my itunes files.

I *now* know this has been covered many times elsewhere on this forum (just wish I'd found the forum before buying the car...) but my ipod's got something like 18,000 files on, of which 90% are aac format and about 2,000 of those are drm protected, having been purchased through the itunes store. Reformatting to mp3 is not a realistic option.

So the aux cable fix that's referred in the post above - I just wanted to check if anyone knew whether this would be compatible with our HU (the standard one that comes with an 09 Dynamique). I don't want to buy one and take the unit out if it's not going to work, but if I can get an aux in sorted fairly easily then I'd very happily go down this route. I guess it boils down to is the HU still the same as when the guys in this thread posted their solution and would this therefore work for me?

Would really appreciate any advice anyone has, thanks.

Last edited:
For those who will read this thread I bought this kind of cable that is "perfect" to do the job from Italian ebay. There are sellers who can send this worldwide. It costs around 20 euros including shipping and handling, expensive but should also have the best audio quality.

191_4.jpg

I will post my experiences once installed.

hi all,
im sorta new to this fiat forum but basicly i bought the the same as above for my 58 Grande punto 1.4 GP with Blue&Me but the Blue&Me seems to be connected to the AUX connection in my car? or the voice command is at least and if i unplug it the only way i can get it to work is by pressing my windows media button on the steering wheel but this only works for around 20 seconds and then goes off as its ment for the voice command, and the press the CD button twice approach doesnt seem to do anything apart from saying something like "no source found" so i cant really unlug the Blue&Me form the HU AUX ports so i dont think i can do it this way?:confused:?

also the reason i tried this is because i found the fiat adapter a tad of a rip off but i tried it and after going back and forth from the fiat garage 5-6 times because they didnt order the correct parts and they could get it to work they came up with the conclusion that somthing on my car needed replacing and isnt covered under 3rd year warranty so would cost me £75 extra! so sure you can work out what i said..along the line of sod off £150 its a joke 3years warranty should be 3 years warranty so im looking for a cheaper way round

if any1 can help cheers

Bumping this. I have exactly the same issue. Gaz.. Did u find a solution?

The option I see are using something like xcar link to plug the aux in through the cd changer in plug. Or use a fm transmitter, or a hards wired modulator. Final solution wud be a blue&me adapter from fiat.

I have done this on my Grande Punto however it will only work through the drivers side speakers :S I know its not the Balance as i checked and its on 0, and all the speakers work when i play CD's, just not through the AUX, anyone had this problem before?

hello
i have fiat linea.
can anybody help me ?
can i fit aux in on this radio?

Attachments

• 20120812_180711.jpg
    20120812_180711.jpg
    973.5 KB · Views: 419
i have bought the connection advised for punto grande sport 07 but when i took the stereo out there are already three sockets taking up all the available spaces? what do i do now as i have no clue about this sort of thing?

did you get a solution to this cos i have bought the lead and came up with the same problem?

Has any one tried to connect an amp to the line out of the same set of pins( the side opposite to th aux in pins)? do they work? I am currently using a Kenwood HU but would like to have the OEM HU back in.

if you have blue & me and or phone connectivity the only plug you can use is the blue one,which is the one that is used for a cd changer.
The good thing about that is buy a cd changer interface, which is a box of tricks that fools the h/u into thinking there is a cd changer connected.
They let you use your ipod,sd card slot, usb port, and 3.5mm socket.
thay a re made by YATOUR and range in price around £60.
plug and play unit no dealer install
luigi

Luigi,
there are no wires coming out. just the pins. pls see the pic below. ( the wires you see in the pics are from a cheapo aux hack one of my friends did.) I am told the pins marked a.f-l and a.f-r are line outs (pre amp). I believe these are for the sub woofer which is not fitted in our market. Will these be disabled for our market?

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 400
Hi I'm having the same problem.

I have a fiat grando punto sporting 1.9lt 57 reg, blue & me and bluetooth.

I bought the advised yellow iso off ebay and i fitted it no problem (had to remove iso which was already there). but couldn't get any music to play nor the radio to display 'aux'...??????

Please help and this is really bugging me.
Thanks luke.

Has anybody tried to go into the head unit and tried to take a pre out from the board? If so, what happened?

Luke, In the photo I posted earlier, the pins outlined with a blue rectangle is where the aux in goes, did you plug it in there? Someone I know did a hack using simple connectors on the end of a stereo jack (instead of the iso connector) it worked for him....

Cheers but I couldn't get the cable to work.. :( I bought a cd changer and that works a beauty.

Back