Technical Grande Punto break wear indicator

Currently reading:
Technical Grande Punto break wear indicator

Quest121

Hi, any ideas on an intermittent brake pad wear indicator warning bulb illuminating on my dash board, Disc pads on front have plenty of material left, although discs themselves appear somewhat worn. The pads are not worn down to the indicator wire, but the warning bulb seems to light up more often when the brakes are applied but sometimes when they are not.
Any advise would be gratefully recieved. I will be replacing pads along with new solid discs(as they are badly lipped) in due course but not convinced this will solve the problem.

Sounds to me like a connection problem between the sensor and the ecu. You had a look at the sensor/wiring?

Check this pads as well. I found this from another post that Andy Monty said "yes there is a metal contact in the pad when the pad wears down the contact makes contact with the disc (which is earth) this produces a circuit and lights up the dash warning lamp..."

Last edited:
yup check the small cable from the pad. Probably it's broken somewhere.

Thanks , for the responses, will check the wire, as this must be the only culprit. The pads have plenty material on them, and cant yet be worn down sufficiently to earth the contact. Warning light very intermittent but wasnt lighting up last night after replacing the missing bolt holding the calliper assembly to the hub!!!
Thanks again:)

Back