Technical Grand Punto 1.4 Turbo (t jet) manuals

Currently reading:
Technical Grand Punto 1.4 Turbo (t jet) manuals

torikoos

Hi all, newbie here. My son has a 08 plate grande punto 1.4 Turbo (T jet) which has developed a problem. It won't start.
Being fairly handy I decided I would at least be able to pinpoint the issue to understand what sort of cost I'm looking at, and if I can fix it myself. I'm an engineer by trade but not a car technician/engineer.
I got the Haynes manual but it looks my engine type is not part of that manual.
I also found a site on line (4cardata.info) on which I also found various guides but they all give me about 80% of the correct info, but the biggest issue is accurate documentation. I wanted to start simple and get power direct from the (healthy) battery to the starter motor to see if it would spin. I can't find the starter motor for life nor money, have looked everywhere and it's entirely possible I don't recognise the thing. Found the alternator OK, but I don't see the starter motor. Illustrations I have on how to remove it look different from what is under my bonnet so clearly they are not for the right version of the car. The fuse box also doesn't look like what's in the manual. I did find electrical schematics supposedly describing the circuit so I thought to use a jumper wire to bypass some relay contacts and see if I could engage it that way, but looking at the overview, the numbering of the relays found there (apparently O6 and 18 ) and their position in the fuse box doesn't correspond (taking them out of their socket it shows a different position number under neath (and on the fuse box lid) so I don't even know that I'm trying to bridge the right contacts to see if I can at least hear a click from the starter or even get it to spin. Does anyone have a good manual/accurate electrical drawings + component location for this engine/car? Thank you very much!

Nevermind, should have gone to spec savers, I think I've found the correct section on 4cardata dot info website for a 1.4 16V T jet now.

I should be OK now, just got some axle stands so I can safely look underneath and get access. I've already found the correct electrical wires and by putting direct 12V onto those still nothing happens with the starter motor.
I either have a duff motor, or a bad connection at the starter or a ground strap / cable somewhere it seems.

Back