GPS MJet 1.9 vs Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCi??

Currently reading:
GPS MJet 1.9 vs Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCi??

for 11k you looked at a focus 2.0tdci? one in zetec or titanium spec is a nice car, mayne not s nice to look at as a GP but drive rings round it on the twistys (yes have tried both and will testify to it!)

or if size aint an issue and you want motorway cruising look at a mondeo/ mazda 6 the other half has a tdci mondeo and its great for sitting at 80 in near silence and getting 50mpg

sorry going to offend people here but with the list or repairs my GP has done to it since aug06 I can't say they are reliable or well built when the others halfs mondy is nearly a year older got 10k more on the clock and has never failed once, yes i know fiat give a good warranty and they do uphold warrnaty work but is there a dealer close to you and can you be bothered?

failing that a GP sporting multijet does look the dogs and goes ok just drive one first see if you like the steering and ride comfort

going to hide now before am mugged by the fiat can do no wrong army! lol

no i'm certainly not saying that ford have no issues am well aware the early tdci mondys had major dmf and injoctor/ fuel pump issues

I have been fortunate enought to not have any issues with fords recently and to be fair the mondy tdci was their own engine rather than the psa joint venture on the current cars and well french as nearly as bad as the italians in some aspects!

but no T am not here to slag Fiat so far they have sorted the faults with my GP and long may it continue at this rate I will have a new car from them eventually! hehe

and yes good to hear there are level headed people on here as well as the diehards!

Back