General GP MPG - What are YOU getting?

Currently reading:
General GP MPG - What are YOU getting?

Just come back from a week's hols in Yorkshire. 925 miles at 49.4 in 1.2 GP.

Recent mainly motorway run to the North East (Durham) to the rellys house, 53.9 mpg keeping at a steady 80- 85 allegedly! 1,9 Sporting;)

Resurrecting an old thread here.

Did an experiment with my 1.3 Multijet about 1000 miles in. (two months ago).

60MPH - 64.1mpg
70MPH - 57.3

Recently went away for a few days to Alton Towers.

1 car + me and the gf + luggage in back of about 15-20KG combined = 58 MPG at 70mph. I like it... :)

...Well after reading this thread there seem to be some mixed responses.

I collected my GP Sporting 1.9 Multijet on Saturday and drove from Aylsbury to Farnham. Approx 1hr15mins. This consisted of some inner town driving, country B roads and then the M25 and the M3 (both had a fair amount of traffic and 50mph avg cameras).

When I got home I checked the computer and it said that the average consumption was 44.2mpg. I didnt think that was too bad given the type of circumstances.

I've done some town and local driving this weekend whilst I havent checked the MPG again I have noticed that from brimming the tank on Saturday I've now used a fair amount of fuel from not a lot of driving. Whilst I appreciate that the local around town stuff isnt going to do wonders for the mpg, I didnt think it would eat through it quite so quickly...

Will keep an eye on it and see what other results I get. Mine is a 56 plate with 21k on it...

Posted before, but...

1.4 16V Sporting: Shows 49.7mpg over about 2.5Kmiles - mainly motorway driving into work - not sitting in queues.
1.2 Active - did a drive 6 hour round trip over the weekend - mainly A-roads - was reading 53.7mpg -

The 1.2 engine uses a lot of oil though.

I'm astonished on some of the MPG figures quoted on this thread. I've had an '09 T-Jet for 4 months now, and my average is 40.2. I do about 350 miles to a tank, which if mostly mway driving achieves ~44mpg and if out and about for the fun of it achieves ~36mpg.

I must just know how to drive... :cool:

...like a girl :D

Matt

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but there must be a few new GP owners since the last post!

I'm getting about 400 miles per tank in my 1.4 8v AS, it's got a 45 litre tank I believe, so using this site:

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php

It works out at about 41mpg, which is almost what my trip says (41.8mpg).

Pleased, but nothing compared to my old Clio dCi, which saw 67mpg.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but there must be a few new GP owners since the last post!

I'm getting about 400 miles per tank in my 1.4 8v AS, it's got a 45 litre tank I believe, so using this site:

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php

It works out at about 41mpg, which is almost what my trip says (41.8mpg).

Pleased, but nothing compared to my old Clio dCi, which saw 67mpg.

I too had a Clio Dci before I bought my 1.3 Mjet Grande GP in November last year. I was hoping for similar economy especially as the quoted figures for the GP were better than the Clio. In reality over the 1200 miles I have covered since (Same trips as in the Clio) I am only getting around 52 MPG. Slightly dissapointing (Although bad by any means) especially with the current price of diesel but hopefully will improve once the weather gets a bit milder.

hi folks I got demo Punto Grande 1.3 MJet 75 in May07 which had 5702 KM on the clock. I was somewhat fanatical about improving my economy. I recorded eveerything from the trip, dash read out of ltrs/100km, and also computed my own figures. The last figures show a total of 137039 kms which required the purchase of 6121.81 ltrs of diesel. The overall average works out at 62.44128 mpg over the period May 07 to Oct 10. Driving is two thirds motorway and one third regional road for a daily commute of 180km round trip. On different trips I have gotten to 73 mpg. I hope this is helpful to you and can forward further details if required.

hi folks I got demo Punto Grande 1.3 MJet 75 in May07 which had 5702 KM on the clock. I was somewhat fanatical about improving my economy. I recorded eveerything from the trip, dash read out of ltrs/100km, and also computed my own figures. The last figures show a total of 137039 kms which required the purchase of 6121.81 ltrs of diesel. The overall average works out at 62.44128 mpg over the period May 07 to Oct 10. Driving is two thirds motorway and one third regional road for a daily commute of 180km round trip. On different trips I have gotten to 73 mpg. I hope this is helpful to you and can forward further details if required.

Wow! Whats your secret!?

What litre tank does the 1.4 8v have? I didn't look last time I filled it up (at the price or amount of litres) but this time I did, my fuel light was on, and my apparent range was '65 miles'. The pump clicked at 32 litres. I tried again to make sure but it definitley wouldn't take any more.

I'm sure I read in the handbook that the 1.4 8v had a 45 litre tank?!

Back