Technical Got some weird noises to diagnose

Currently reading:
Technical Got some weird noises to diagnose

Hey folks, so I've done a quick forum search and looked through a threads to see if there was anything similar.

So first noise is squealing at 60/70mph, sounds like brakes but want to make sure before I start taking stuff apart. I only had them replaced in January and have done less than 1000 miles in that time. Here is a video of the noise: [ame]https://youtu.be/yDQ9gZzYGUw[/ame]
Noise is louder near the end of the video when I'm in the outer lane, I suppose that's because it's reflecting off the crash barrier or something.

Ok so second noise is a rattle/knock from the rear of the car, it's only evident on rough roads or over bumps but it does get annoying very quickly. I've tried taking out the parcel shelf but that made no difference, I reseated the spare wheel and even took them out to test if they were making the noise, they weren't so put them back in the car. I've got a mate telling me it's a loose exhaust mounting, again is anyone able to confirm that before I start taking things apart. Here is a video of the noise: [ame]https://youtu.be/CqmpDc7K8jE[/ame]

Any help is much appreciated :)

First video...sounds like a dragging brake or something stuck behind /between the dust shield.
Personally I would strip the brakes and service/clean up the caliper and both sliders and pad contact points.
Not a big job and imho worth doing.
Use red rubber grease.Anything else reacts with the rubber and degrades it.
I recently had an issue with dragging brakes,only on one side. The caliper was seized and the slider bolt corroded past fixing when I eventually got it apart.
New sliderss and boots both sides sorted it.
Second video...sounds daft BUT check the front drop links..again had this on two Grand puntos.

I wont comment on your choice of radio station...:eek:

Ok so what I've done is adjust the dust cover on the front brakes as it seems like it was skimming, also cleaned up some other bits around there and secured some of the plastics around the arches as it was loose. Jacked up the back of car and found that a heat shield near the rear of the exhaust was loose, possibly just needs tacking on with weld so will get to that sometime in the week. Will test and let you know.

Ps - radio 2 is a great station to have on. When I get my new radio it'll be dab so hopefully I'll be able to get absolute radio, etc.

Heat shoelds.. tend to be Ali..

So just find a big 'penny washer'

To trap it.

Old pug 307 / 206 had little metal discs that shoved onto a metal spike.

The spike would be there years after the disc had disappeared.

On backbox areas.. I shoved on MILK BOTTLE LIDS.. red or green..

Rot free.. nice and broad.. worked well enough :)

So the squealing noise I cannot for the life of me figure it out. Checked everything to do with the brakes and there is nothing evident, everything is working as it should. I should mention that it only squeals at above 60mph never below which pushes me towards maybe the wind doing something or worse case scenario bent hub? Clueless lol

Thanks for the info about the rattling though, will double check that.

Back