got low profile 17s i knew id have a bumpy ride..so how can i make it smoother?

Currently reading:
got low profile 17s i knew id have a bumpy ride..so how can i make it smoother?

S

Spooney

question is in the title

i knew this will happen which is why i was considering 16s but though eff it prefer 17s all the way
can really keep the standard 14s despite a confirmatble ride

so hwo do 17s owners make the ride smoother?

I have 17's tbh the rides fine! Doesn't feel much different to the 14's I had on before...combined with a set of decent bucket seats it's like driving round in a bed.

goign to go way off topic
but first thansk fo the replies
secondly where did you buy the buckets from?

Got the buckets from Roy Smiths in Darlington, he's an A1 Motor Stores distributer. Seats cost me £275 for the pair with subframes....they now retail in the latest Ripspeed catalogue for £550 a pair.

Here's some pics:

BravoSeat.jpg

BravoInterior.jpg

ok, a few things that can help.
first, how old are your shocks?
my money says you have the original ones on, which means they are almost certainly past their best. I suggest that a new set all round (approx £100 for KYB ones at buypartsby.co.uk plus fititng) will help smooth the ride. Also, decent tyres, though you are probably stuck with whatevers on them for now (absolutely do NOT get runflats). Try to put as big a profile tyre on as you can so you get more flex movement in the tyre to sbaorb some of the bumps.
finally, what pressure do you have in your tyres. Anything above about 35psi will make em very hard, and bumpy on rough surfaces, particularly at low speeds (a fault even on STANDARD wheels and tyres)

hope that gives you a clue..

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4, and owner of a Bravo 1.8

Member Page