I want too get a Bravo help me decide

Currently reading:
I want too get a Bravo help me decide

D

Dark Lurker

I really like the look of the 1.9L Dynamic 150 Multijet or at 2.0L Dynamic 165 Diesels.

But people telling me to stay away from Fiat and tell me things like "You know what Fiat stands for Fix It Again Tony" etc but none of them own a fiat at the moment and I've never owned one (my sister did have a 2000 punto that did have alot of issues I must admit) so I don't know what there recent cars have been like.

Are they alot more reliable from 2008 onwards?

Is the extra 15hp worth it over the 150 as you don't get climate control with the 165?

And finally are the cars I'm looking at really worth it compared too the others in the range?

Thanks

In my experience. Pretty much most vehicles are no produced with a similar reliability built into them.

It's true to say, to an extent, that older italian cars can be unreliable. But I've always thought most older cars can have issues. And from what I've seen most other older vehicles tend to get scrapped at the first sign of trouble. Whereas older Alfa's/Fiat's tend to be tinkered with and repaired, because the owner normally loves his italian car - whatever it may be!

So in short, I'd be pretty confident that if you a new/nearly new Bravo, it would compare quite happily with the same in the Ford/Vauxhall range in terms of reliability.

Incidentally I ran a 10 year old Bravo, a couple of years ago. Only thing that went wrong? Back wiper motor. Nothing else. And this car was used A LOT. New wiper, 35GBP, fitting took me 10 mins....

Thanks for the advice I have a feeling Fiat will not be as bad as they may have used too be as I suppose the fiat 500 is all around us and no one moans about them.

Maybe a test drive is in order.

Well the 165 is an amazing car. Far more poke than the 150 & if you want even more grump just give Nige a call for a remap

The bravo was the test modle for Alfa & Lancia who have subsequently released there own cars based on the bravo.

If you get a late bravo all the niggle should be sorted & be a reliable car. Plus there were shed loads sold, so spares should be available :)

Go test drive and see what you think.

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg