S7001273.JPG

Uno got another uno turbo project

Introduction

finally after looking for ages, i found a cheap mk2, £400 i paid.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....&Category=9843&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2

still running on ebay for some reason....

anyway, some pics of it before i touch the thing, the running of it is good, its just the bodywork needs fair amount of work, its never going to be mint, or even good, but it will be fun little car to race around in :lol:

S7001274.JPG

S7001273.JPG

i just hope this one doesnt go the same way as much other one did :(
I've not had a chance to drive an R56 (turbo version) yet but I can imagine that it feels a lot torquier, s/c version is so linear that it's almost like driving an n/a.

Tuning wise, so far no one has managed to get the R56 past about 250bhp without block issues where as the R53s have comfortably made upwards of 300bhp on the standard blocks (all be it with a fair bit of tuning and some head work).

Personally I would be happy with around the 220bhp mark which is easily achivable with basic mods to intake, s/charger and exhaust.

Anyway back on topic (sorry for going so far off :eek: )

What are your plans for the UT, return it back to near standard and sell it or chuck a bit of money at the engine and have some fun?

I've not had a chance to drive an R56 (turbo version) yet but I can imagine that it feels a lot torquier, s/c version is so linear that it's almost like driving an n/a.

Tuning wise, so far no one has managed to get the R56 past about 250bhp without block issues where as the R53s have comfortably made upwards of 300bhp on the standard blocks (all be it with a fair bit of tuning and some head work).

Personally I would be happy with around the 220bhp mark which is easily achivable with basic mods to intake, s/charger and exhaust.

Anyway back on topic (sorry for going so far off :eek: )

What are your plans for the UT, return it back to near standard and sell it or chuck a bit of money at the engine and have some fun?
yeah you are right, the s/c is like a n/a to drive, the turbo has just power there alot more low down and more 'ready to go' feel to it.

im just going to get it standardish on some nice wheels with nice exhaust then drive it until i can afford to insure a bmw

The s/c has more going on down low than the equivilant n/a but the power delivery feels the same (screams all the way upto the limiter though ;) )

Sounds like a plan mate, well keep the updates coming (y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back