General Got a new stilo (broke the glove box)

Currently reading:
General Got a new stilo (broke the glove box)

Hi im now a proud stilo owner picked her up yesterday it was a 12 hour round trip but it was worth every penny.
Also i was looking at the car this morning and i opened the compartment above the glove box and it fell off does anybody know how easy this would be to repair because it doesnt look too hard.

Attachments

• New Stilo.jpg
    New Stilo.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 47
If you have a broken hinge on the top glove I can give you more info tomorrow as the wife's two month old stilo has got one as well :mad: in to dealers tomoz to get it sorted ..I understand tho that's it not a straight forward job and quite fiddly to change as the whole of the inner glove has to be stripped out just to get at the hinge bolts :bang:

If you have a broken hinge on the top glove I can give you more info tomorrow as the wife's two month old stilo has got one as well :mad: in to dealers tomoz to get it sorted ..I understand tho that's it not a straight forward job and quite fiddly to change as the whole of the inner glove has to be stripped out just to get at the hinge bolts :bang:

Oh i love doing that job, i had my old glove box out so many times.... :D

Oh i love doing that job, i had my old glove box out so many times.... :D

Well I could have done with you today then Shaun cos I was there 8.30 this morning to have a pair of spring catchers and the hinge done and got back home this evening at 4.50 pm all I can say is the bloke didn't have a clue what he was doing or he was playing with his tools to much ;) and not paying attention to the job in hand also I am so glad it was a warranty job as I would have been paying for 8hrs worth of labour charges just for fitting a damn hinge ..if it goes again and Mrs.PNL's car is out of warranty the silicon mastic it coming out to seal the glove box up :mad:

RANT OVER :bang:

Its often actually often easier/quicker to take dash out.

Take the whole dash out !!!:eek: if they did I hope they put all the bits back in the correct places :D I did notice that one tech started the job but about half way through they changed it to an older guy ..I can tell you that it did cause major disruption there as some customers cars didn't even get started that day.. and I heard the stand in service guy telling customers when they phoned in to see if theirs car were ready for collection ..all because of the hinge ..this hinge is plastic in construction from what I could see and you think after all these years fiat would have changed it to metal but no they decide to discontinue the car instead :rolleyes: the sales man there Bill said the stilo is a great car and shouldn't have been discontinued ..I think that's one thing here we all agree with him ..

So this seems to be a common problem then PNL did you say that it was covered by the warrenty because that would make it a lot easier for me if i could just take it to fiat to be done.

Back