Google under fire again

Currently reading:
Google under fire again

Which search engine do you use, and why?

• Bing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Reports that the EC (not the EU itself) has launched an antitrust investigation into Google following complaints from competitors got me thinking...

Google is a very good search engine, but doesn't always find everthing. For more specific things there are others out there - however there are certain competitors, such as "Bing", who, although may have some qualities which are commendable, for example the image search, on the whole it is, well, for want of a better word, sh*t.

Particularly when you install the Firefox toolbar for Bing, and it installs something which is basically spyware, you wonder what Microsoft is playing at.

My question to you therefore is - which search engine do you use and why? And if Google is so good (I like it because it is simple), why do other companies believe they can make something better by adding sparkly bits to an otherwise saturated market?

Last edited:
Google. Simply because its become the 'Norm' for most of the world, and people thinking they can break the 'Norm' like Microsoft with Bing, are sadly mistaken.

i think for me its just years of use i dont see the point in changing to another one when google does what i want it to also they offer good services and products i absolutly love google docs and maps and then theres also gmail ect so i dont have any need for another search engine

if you ask me bing is trying to re invent the wheel

i use google mainly, however in last few days i donwloaded nectar toolbar, which gives you free nectar points, yes FREE nectar points just for using there search bar, and its powered by yahoo.
however, i think google is a much better search engine than yahoo one and st.ill use that one mainly out of instinct.
i have never used bing one, and wont, mainly because the advert has some one with an American accent (WE ARE IN ENGLAND), and also because iv gone quite anti Microsoft as of late (excluding xbox 360 :rolleyes: lol.)

Back