Grande Punto Glow plugs

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Glow plugs

Biqe00

Hello everyone
I have a Grande punto 1.3 diesel 2008 dualogic.
2-3 months ago the glow plugs light startes pulsing and a warning message "check glow plugs" but i had no problem starting the engine due to hot weather. Anyway I checked the glow plugs with a multimeter and one of them was 18Ω. I changed that with a new one and everything was ok.
Now the glow plugs light and the warning message popped up again. And now I have trouble starting the engine since the weather is cold. I checked again with a multimeter, all 4 of them were 1,3Ω to 1,6Ω. The contacts on top were clean. The problem persists.
Please what other diagnosis can I do? And please be as specific as possible, I'm a newbie.
Thanks in advance.

Check that the glow plug +ve connection is showing battery voltage when glow plug controller is powering them on.

If not check wiring / fuse /fuses

Hello everyone
I have a Grande punto 1.3 diesel 2008 dualogic.
2-3 months ago the glow plugs light startes pulsing and a warning message "check glow plugs" but i had no problem starting the engine
I checked again with a multimeter, all 4 of them were 1,3Ω to 1,6Ω. The contacts on top were clean. The problem persists.
Please what other diagnosis can I do? And please be as specific as possible, I'm a newbie.
Thanks in advance.

Hi :)

Check that each plug is getting voltage ;)

I will link to the story of my 57 plate mj grande

Charlie

varesecrazy
Thank you for the reply
So how exactly can I check if I get voltage on the glow plugs wire?
I have a multimeter, put it to dc voltage, connect one terminal to the car battery negative, the other terminal of the multimeter to the glow plug wire. Normally i should get 0volt, but when i try to ignite it should go 12volt for a sec or two. By my understanding the glow plug gets power only when you try to ignite. I should repeat this 4 times.
Is this the correct way to test?
By the way, when I do this, the glow plug wire should be connected the the plug or it doesn't matter?

varesecrazy
Thank you for the reply
So how exactly can I check if I get voltage on the glow plugs wire?
I have a multimeter, put it to dc voltage, connect one terminal to the car battery negative, the other terminal of the multimeter to the glow plug wire. Normally i should get 0volt, but when i try to ignite it should go 12volt for a sec or two. By my understanding the glow plug gets power only when you try to ignite. I should repeat this 4 times.
Is this the correct way to test?
By the way, when I do this, the glow plug wire should be connected the the plug or it doesn't matter?

Sorry .. just seen this :eek:

Did you make progress?

Back