Technical Glove box catch

Currently reading:
Technical Glove box catch

WitleyPanda

Managed to break/mis-align the pivot on the glove box catch. Seems that the inner and outer shell moulding have been bonded together. Is there a way to separate or fix the pivot point. Do i have to find a way to insert an extra piece in or just find a replacement door/lid?

Managed to break/mis-align the pivot on the glove box catch. Seems that the inner and outer shell moulding have been bonded together. Is there a way to separate or fix the pivot point. Do i have to find a way to insert an extra piece in or just find a replacement door/lid?
I think you’re snookered if you’ve broken the pivot rather that the handle.
If its the handle than have a look here.

Thread 'Glove box handle replacement'
https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/glove-box-handle-replacement.474945/

There’s no way I could access the latch assembly itself without destroying the glove box front.
it’s easy enough to get the whole assembly out but that’s about it.
I managed to glue it and that worked for a while, but my last attempt involved using a self tapping screw and that’s been in place for quite a while.
Its not pretty, but due to the positioning of the catch you can’t really see it unless you’re on your back in the footwell.
If you are then I’m guessing you don’t care about seeing the door latch😂😂

If you do replace the assembly I’d be interested in how much it costs and how easy it was to get the part.

I think you’re snookered if you’ve broken the pivot rather that the handle.
If its the handle than have a look here.

Thread 'Glove box handle replacement'
https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/glove-box-handle-replacement.474945/

There’s no way I could access the latch assembly itself without destroying the glove box front.
it’s easy enough to get the whole assembly out but that’s about it.
I managed to glue it and that worked for a while, but my last attempt involved using a self tapping screw and that’s been in place for quite a while.
Its not pretty, but due to the positioning of the catch you can’t really see it unless you’re on your back in the footwell.
If you are then I’m guessing you don’t care about seeing the door latch😂😂

If you do replace the assembly I’d be interested in how much it costs and how easy it was to get the part.
It is the handle pivot, Rather than the lid/door pivot. I think i am going to remove the entire lid/door and try some keyhole surgery.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

how about this one then?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back