Glopsy.JPG

Multipla Glopsy

Introduction

Here's my new Multi,pictured on the day I picked her up, resplendent in what looks like a years worth of road grime :rolleyes:

I've serviced her, fixed numerous electrical issues including getting the remote CL working again and got her through an MOT a few days ago.

Next up is a drive belt tensioner change, as mine makes a real racket, bleed the clutch to see if I can get a better pedal, change the gearbox oil and then try and find a pair of roof bars before our holiday in May :)
Having done just over 90 miles today,I can honestly say that Glopsy is noticeably better to drive with the new springs. Quite a few of the rattles in the cabin have stopped and bumps in the road are certainly soaked up more.
I'd love to have driven one of these new to see what they were like,and If I win the lottery, I would genuinely have mine restored to as close to new as possible.

One major benefit of hand washing your car is that it gives you a chance to spot issues.
Having gone outside to wash Glopsy this morning I noticed that the OSF tyre looked a bit soft but on closer inspection the tyre was badly worn on its inside edge.
Quick call to my local tyre place, and they had a couple of my size in and if I could get there asap they'd fit me in.
The cause of the wear was quite apparent when they checked the tracking, but all is where it should be now.
They did advise on the rears being a few thousand miles left and my front brakes will also need attention soon, which is already on my list of things to do.
IMG_20231001_103848426.jpg
IMG_20231001_131159659.jpg

Another little job ticked off today, replacing the bonnet struts,as I had got bored of taking my life in my hands every time I opened it.
Straight forward job,which should've taken 10 minutes,but actually took 30,as one of the sprung clips pinged off onto a gravel drive!
IMG_20240103_112330870.jpg
IMG_20240103_112324373.jpg

A couple of small jobs ticked off this afternoon. Firstly, replacing (again) the washer pump,and I now have working jets . Secondly,i replaced the boot struts as they were getting weak and I didn't fancy the heavy hatch dropping on any of us.

Next up is front brake discs and pads.
IMG_20240126_145518957.jpg

Hi,

Not bad at all.

I found getting the drive shafts off a little painful....one option is to leave inner cv attached, strip the outer cv off , slide new boot along shaft and refit outer cv.

I have the inner tripode type cv joints.

Best wishes
Jack

Back