General Give me an idea...

Currently reading:
General Give me an idea...

GazzyG

After speaking to various people on the forums (you guys are great), I've decided that I'm going to mod my Cinq Sporting in the following ways:

--------
1242 engine conversion.

Punto 75 Cams (if they'll fit)

GRS Induction Kit

McKrich Chip
--------

What else can I do on top of these mods? Please feel free to add anything.

I'm gonna be doing all the work myself, so nothing too complicated. Luckily I've got another car n van to drive around in whilst I work on this lol. (y)

And just so I have a rough idea - what kinda difference will these mods make to my performance?

I.e, what could I take from the lights? Fiesta 1.25? Fiesta Zetec S? Mondeo lol?

Just as a rough idea....

Thanks so much for your help guys...

Decent exhaust system, get rid of the pea shooter.

Search forum for suggestions of setups and gallery for pics of these setups (y)

You wouldnt take my mondeo :D a 1242 cinq is fodder for it

AppleSei said:
Decent exhaust system, get rid of the pea shooter.

Search forum for suggestions of setups and gallery for pics of these setups (y)

You wouldnt take my mondeo :D a 1242 cinq is fodder for it

lol.

Well, I might be buying my mate's 535i at the end of the year, so we'll try that one then.... :devil: :D

And I don't have a Peashooter on it at the mo lol, got a 3" Sportex.

Will upgrade to a twin DTM though lol! :D

well the sportex is ok, but a bit(!) loud, but there are better systems.

If you have an exhaust setup and are happy then stick to that

Theres might be buying, and then theres owning and running one one ;)

we couldnt race each other anyway, we'd spend more time boosting BP's biscuit fund! (you more than me)

A 535 costs nearly 90 quid to fill if not a bit more IIRC

custard boy said:
all about getting the air in and getting rid off it.as said the tricker TB makes a big difference on N/A & blown motors alike

So the Tricker TB is a worthwhile mod then? Will keep that in mind.

And the 535 is just an idea atm lol.

I've got my Picanto for economy and the BigBlueVan for cruising.

The Cinq's just a toy lol. :D

Anyway - I'm just comparing performance, cos if I'm gonna spend hard-earned money and time on modding the Yellow Peril, I just wanna make sure the driving experience is different enough to justify it! :)

ditch the silly 3" exhaust, full supersprint system. 4 branch manifold, decat, and supersprint back box.

skim the head to increase compression, fit an inlet manifold from an uno45ie (dont forget to open the ports up first), port the head, 40mm tb.. erm yeah, that'll do for now.

do the brakes, suspension and tyres first though. and dont skimp, buy proper shocks, don't jsut buy springs.

Thanks for all the responses guys.

To give me peace of mind, I'm gonna upgrade the brakes and suspension first then.

What brakes should I put on it and what suspension? What makes do you guys like? And should I lower it or keep it at standard height with uprated shocks?

Thanks guys.

Gaz

Back