Technical General Warning Light - Computer/Injection Issue

Currently reading:
Technical General Warning Light - Computer/Injection Issue

Jacobd1994

Hi all!

My 2013 Punto Jet Black 1.4 recently started displaying a general warning light on the dash (amber triangle with exclamation mark) intermittently. When it's lit, the car jerks when I take my foot off of the accelerator (only thing I can compare it to is letting your foot off the clutch too quickly), start stop becomes unavailable and cruise control just doesn't work.

It goes off when the engine is restarted and then the car behaves normally but will eventually come back on and start playing up again. No kind of message comes up on the screen like when a light blows.

Recently started noticing that the Menu as well to the right of the steering wheel where you can edit light dimmer and parking sensors and whatnot now only has the option to change the speed beep setting and exit menu, all the other options have dissapeared!

I visited a garage about an hour ago (not a Fiat one, only one I could find open was a small family run one near me seeing as it's Sunday) and they told me the diagnostics told them the message was 'injector fault, contact dealer' or something along those lines.

Would a fuel injector problem have this kind of an impact on the on board computer or are these two separate problems, do you think?

Going to try and drop it into the dealership near me some time next week to take a look at it but if anyone has any ideas on what it could be beforehand so I can prepare myself for the final bill, it'd be much appreciated!

Cheers

J

Back