General General Panda thoughts

Currently reading:
General General Panda thoughts

Unlock, turn, hissy noise, pulls out about 5mm, have to wiggle it to get it to actually come out, once its out it goes back in no problem.

That sounds perfectly normal for a standard fit mk2 petrol cap. I had the same thing today - at least with such a tight fit it won't leak!! I think it's the rubber seal you have to wiggle past the rubber on the filler neck.

I am resisting any Carry On type comments....... (y)

Last edited:
BTW like the new sig - need to change the side pic too though now.
Thanks :), I'll change the other one when I get some decent pictures and start a MM thread, its been raining too bloody much to get any nice pictures (n)

That sounds perfectly normal for a standard fit mk2 petrol cap. I had the same thing today - at least with such a tight fit it won't leak!!

I am resisting any Carry On type comments....... (y)
So I'm not the only one? I feel like an idiot in the petrol station wrestling with the cap.

Mr Haze will be gutted he's missing out on this one :p
Barbados beach or fuel cap problems :chin:

He's got his own fuel cap problems. It's a Mk1 though so a different problem - no I'm not joking it is a different issue with a mk1!!! They stick out rather than fit in too tightly :D . Someone should edit some of these together to make a very Carry On chat!

Are you going to Chiltern Hills Sunday Jamie? I'll bring the spare key etc if so. Have you had anything from our fiends (sic) at the DVLA yet?

I'm liking the new sig. too Didge. (y)

Can't remember the cap being any different to most Pandas. Maybe spray some WD40 into the lock to make sure the key is turning all the way. I've bought new ones in the past and had to modify them straight away because they are so tight to turn. :rolleyes:

Inspired by all the panda polishing going on I headed out to scrub the rubber flooring on my colour, while I was IN the passenger side footwell I noticed something which appears to be some kind of switch behind a cover? Its just under the parcel shelf. The top part is a button but I haven't pressed it down fully for fear of what it might do :confused: Fuel cut out?

Here's a photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    610 KB · Views: 25
I turned right today with 3/4 of a tank. The needle hit full and when I straightened up it stayed there, gave the binnacle a bit of a knock to get the needle to move again.
Ah fun. (y)

When I get down to around a 1/4 in my 750, the low fuel warning light comes on when I go around a corner! The joys of Panda'ing.... :rolleyes:

When I get down to around a 1/4 in my 750, the low fuel warning light comes on when I go around a corner! The joys of Panda'ing.... :rolleyes:
I'd mentioned at a previous date that with less than 1/3rd turning left always makes my light come on. Sometime going over speed bumps with less than 1/4 makes it flash on for a second or two.

I'd mentioned at a previous date that with less than 1/3rd turning left always makes my light come on. Sometime going over speed bumps with less than 1/4 makes it flash on for a second or two.

please guys.. i have taken all the slosh baffles out of my fuel tank as it it was causing it to rust through.

when i brake.. i get a full tank, and if i brake suddenly to a stop the fuel needle dances up and down for ages.

car never cuts out even when the fuel level barely registers on the fuel gauge. joys are a carb and float setup i guess. only taken it down to that level once though just to flush the tank.

Last edited:
I went to have a look at a 100HP Panda.

Interesting garage.

2013-05-20_14_42_59.jpg

The Blue one was owned from new by Rowan Atkinson.

2013-05-20_15_19_54.jpg

Stock around the back.

didn't have the heart (and the mechanics were giving me funny looks) to take pictures of the half a dozen shells piled up in a corner.

Might make an interesting stop on a Panday?

Back