Technical Gearbox removal

Currently reading:
Technical Gearbox removal

garyaird11

Hi,im removing my gearbox as im getting a replacement aswell as clutch tomorrow sometime,

now ,the car is on axl stands at the moment ,ive removed the hub nuts,and obviously next I need to get the bleeding driveshafts off,how do I get them off?

all ive done is removed the hubnuts

Remove the lower balljoint nut, and carefully, remove the ball joint from the upright. Do Not damage the threads. Do Not undo the track rod end.

The shaft is being replaced so you may apply the Birmingham Screwdriver to the end of the CV joint and knock the joint back towards the gear box, pulling the upright out a bit as it goes. You should get enough movement on the upright to get the CV joint out, then remove shaft from gearbag end, 4 x 8mm bolts.

Then disconnect the battery and unbolt the air cleaner assembly and the starter motor.

Under the car and remove the tin plate between the sump and the gearbag.

Then pop the gearlinkages off at the box end, and remove the gear cable retaining clips and take the cables out of the way.

Undo the bolts around the bellhousing, the back one is a 12mm nut rather than a bolt.

Undo the inner joint on the other shaft, 3 x 6mm bolts.

Support the engine and undo the two gearbox mounts from the shell and the box should be able to be slid out.

See you later.

Cheers

D

Thanks,will try that

Do i need to remove the bolts that attach the hub assembly to the strut?

Back