Technical gearbox failure warning )-: !

Currently reading:
Technical gearbox failure warning )-: !

Woops, I fear I am resurrecting an old favourite. Had my abarth for about 5 weeks now and have had 2 short 'pings' with the dreaded auto gearbox failure light on just long enough to be able to read it, then the light goes out, no noticeable problems with gear selection......yet.
I've got a couple of months warranty left from the garage so will try the old rerouting of the cable technique as mentioned earlier in the thread. Fingers crossed though as I've got a 400 mile trip to get through next week- I was really looking forward to it until I had this.
An old mechanic mate of mine who looked after my ancient alfa gtv blamed the Italian trait of getting peasant labour from a wide range of local villages to do the wiring so sometimes you get red wires instead of blue, green instead of black and god knows what else. Heres hoping:bang:

Eek, this sounds like the onset of what happened to mine - and I ended up with a broken actuator [and car stranded on a roundabout in rush-hour :eek:]

Only 2 pings so far? Mine were a lot more regular though....

As some of you know, my sillyspeed started doing this about a month ago, but a restart of the engine always cleared the warning light. Anyway during the cold spell over xmas it got worse, so I booked it in at the local dealership yesterday. Seems it was the brake light switch. (just odd that it only happened when the outside temp was under 3 degrees ?)

I pick it up tomorrow (thank god) LOL A punto just hasn't got the same get up and go as the Abarth !

Can someone tell me exactly (photo’s) where those sensors are fitted so that I can check them or clean them?:idea:

Well mine is back into fiat dealership tomorrow - Auto gearbox failure - will just wake the car up tomorrow morning and it will go into auto mode and find its own way to the dealer - its been there so often it is like it's second home. Anyhow - it got "the" sensor replaced about 2 weeks ago - "yes sir your car is sorted" - B****KS !!!!!!!!!

This problem is getting a bit long in the tooth - Fiat seem to think it is resolved and then bang it goes again. They have cleaned sensors, replaced sensors and I am curious as to what the next few days brings. They are going to plug it into the wire to the moon and see what the wee man on the moon says - hope he knows a bit more than Fiat.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :eek: :bang: :bang: :eek: :bang: :eek: :bang: :bang:

helmar said:
Can someone tell me exactly (photo’s) where those sensors are fitted so that I can check them or clean them?:idea:

NO ONE ??????????:confused:

Back