General gear linkage support assembly

Currently reading:
General gear linkage support assembly

If I could thankyou a thousand times I would.. Russia was the only place I could find them awhile ago. There was a thread once about these and no one could find them. Glad they have popped up...may buy a few hundred...:devil:

A thread started by yourself Kev:

Clickety click

Unfortunately it didn't get anywhere. I still want one though if ever they magically become available...

hi peps ..on the subject of replacing gear linkage bushes .i have been told that useing petrolium grease is the kiss of death as it degrades the polyurethane bush and that i should use special polyurethane grease ! had a look but cant find any . will silicon grease do?

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I have a cunning plan. . if the panda forum pays the costs i will travel in my panda, all the way through france over the alps and down through italy and pic up a car load of these rubber boots thus saving the high postage .... i will suffer the journey and all its danger stoping for an lunch and evening meal at a vinyard or country village. i promise not to take longer than a year .what do you think!.. its a dirty job but somones got to do it!

oh dam i didnt think the stock was that bad . my boot has gone completly . i will have to find another supply as wont pay what they demand.

ok this seems like a job for super bowman now wheres my cape... hmmm the cats knicked it ... Question ..How many forum panda 4x4 owners need/ want this gear boot ? how many people out there will need 1 in the near future? is this a possible bulk buy and delivery if we can find a large supply? !

i will have a good look on the web and see if i can find any ..may take some time but it seems we have little choice anyway.i will post if i find any. . . me dont fancy driving on a wet day with all the road sludge being thrown into the gear linkage ..as it is i can see the road wizzing past underneath the gearstick!

right, my gear stick is badley floppey and iv narrowed it down to what i think is called the gear linkage support assembly.

Hi Chris, sounds like you might have fixed it now, but i just serviced this part which was badly floppy on my sisley. (the engine and box were out and i noticed excessive play between the top and bottom plates of this part.

the top of the shaft is chamfered and should fit snuggly through a similarly chamfered hole in the top plate (under that nut) but wear and corrosion meant the fit wasnt so snug, i reckon a couple of mm of material had dissapeared from the shape on the end of the shaft. Was fixed by removing the nut and top plate, cleaning the top of the shaft back to bare metal and adding metal back to the top of the shaft (with a welder), then grinding it back to the original shape of the hole (leaving a fraction of a mm more...) and hammering the top plate back over nice and snug.

this has tightened up the gearstick no end, and made much more difference than changing all the bushings did (although this helped too):)

Last edited:
Back