Game

Currently reading:
Game

Just been into GAME today, not been in a while.

They are making it seem PC games only consist of childrens games!

I have noticed they have cut down the PC shelves quite a lot and only seem to have the less popular games on sale.

E.g. farming simulator, tram sim. Things like that.

Also, one full shelf was just Sims 3.

Why is this? I understand they probably dont sell aswell as other platforms in shops but they are making out the PC is mainly for games like "farming simluator"

This was proven when my mate mentioned a PC cannot powerful enough for "proper" games.

Why not have COD, BattleFeild other popular games like they did a couple of months ago.

Anyone else noticed?

I used to work for said chain...main reason for not stocking those games, they don't sell, at least not from Game where you can count the number of 'hardcore pc gamers' *vomit* who shop there on one hand. So basically they stock what sells I.e. endless addons for sims and warcraft and stuff under a tenner. Oh that and returns on them is a nightmare...you say it doesn't work? ok i'll just fire up the crap till out back and see if I can get it going oh no wait its not got an internet connection...also the game comes with a single use code so if we do get it working it wont work for anyone else etc etc...

I used to work for said chain...main reason for not stocking those games, they don't sell, at least not from Game where you can count the number of 'hardcore pc gamers' *vomit* who shop there on one hand. So basically they stock what sells I.e. endless addons for sims and warcraft and stuff under a tenner. Oh that and returns on them is a nightmare...you say it doesn't work? ok i'll just fire up the crap till out back and see if I can get it going oh no wait its not got an internet connection...also the game comes with a single use code so if we do get it working it wont work for anyone else etc etc...

Yeah :bang:

And people that buy the game for their kids for christmas and it just doesnt work.

lol I know. Luckily real PC gamers know better
biggrin.gif

It would be good sometimes to play with my mates on xbox though, not buy an xbox, but connect the two on the same server.

Thats the problem though, not everybody wants to spend ££££ on their pc and if youre the only one out of your mates that does, then sometimes its a bit poo online.

Can see this going off - topic here but its a shame GAME wont stock anymore :( now all the console fanboys will think the PC was really that **** lol

i have noticed this, in a lot of shops now the PC gameing section is really small.

but with the pc, a lot of users "aquire" there games online.

a lot of people now use laptops, so they have to use a console to play games on..
not me mind i'm PC-4-life haha
i dont have a console myself, we have a wii but thats gathering dust.

also its a lot to do with the economy.. thing with console is that it is a cheeper option to gameing, £500 for a console.. or £500 in computer upgrades. thats not bad if you know the a computer inside and out or only really need to upgrade one thing, but if your running a older pc the whole lot may need upgradeing.
and a lot of people dont actualy know what there PC is capable of half the time lol

the PC i am on can play GTA 4 but only on low graphics with all the patches, but i cant afford to get a better CPU (the bottle kneck in my computer) so i make do with what i have. if i had £500.. i dont think it would go on a console or PC parts lol.

however.. ill get a PS3 or a Xbox 360...... when you can pick them up for about £30. just to say i have had one. lol

Last edited:
Well yeah. Thats how consoles took off in the first place. Simplicity, reliability (to a point) and the fun factor. I used to have sega, ps1 etc. People are lazy and a console is perfect for people.

But sometimes, it would just be nice if game companies could forget about the economy for a second and say:

"Right, here is the game for the console, but for all you pc gamers who have some real power, crank it up and enjoy our game to the maximum"

Anyone agree? PC games have console restrictions even if it isnt a console :(

No PC gamer would be stupid enough to buy anything from Game, far better to get it online for half the price. I mean legitimately online as well before anyone says anything.

No PC gamer would be stupid enough to buy anything from Game, far better to get it online for half the price. I mean legitimately online as well before anyone says anything.

TBF if you have a PC that can run the latest games then generally you are pretty well versed in computers and are well aware things like Steam and other online methods of download exist...also that game is a rip off...

Most of the people I used to get back in the day were those who'd just bought a new pc... and wanted to indulge in willy waving"I've got a xxxxxxx 5 with a xxxxxxxxmhz and a ice cream maker...stop there mate i only asked you if you'd checked the spec not if you were borrowing your computer from norad..."

TBF if you have a PC that can run the latest games then generally you are pretty well versed in computers and are well aware things like Steam and other online methods of download exist...also that game is a rip off...

Most of the people I used to get back in the day were those who'd just bought a new pc... and wanted to indulge in willy waving"I've got a xxxxxxx 5 with a xxxxxxxxmhz and a ice cream maker...stop there mate i only asked you if you'd checked the spec not if you were borrowing your computer from norad..."

True :D

i got a 5 1/4 inch floppy drive in my computer.. does that count?

>_< :LOL:

Back