Panda Future Panda 100HP owner (hopefully)

Currently reading:
Panda Future Panda 100HP owner (hopefully)

karlw11r50

Hi everyone!

I'm looking to purchase a 100hp sometime over the next few months (funds permitting) and I thought I would join up to try and get a little more information about the cars and what to look for before I start having a serious look - ie what options were available on the cars (if any), were there any recalls or common issues etc.

My partner has a 57 plate 1.1 Panda (Active or something like that) - it has horrible black unpainted bumpers, steel wheels, enough wheel gap to fit your head in the arch, and I absolutely love it. Unlike my car, it sips fuel, you can lug stuff around in the back of it, can drive flat-out most of the time without fear of getting in trouble, can park it anywhere, and can get over speed bumps. Ok, it takes forever to get anywhere far, but you get there for pence!

So yeah... hi!

This forum has a LOT more sections on it than I have seen on others I have used btw! A bit daunting for now...

Hi everyone!

I'm looking to purchase a 100hp sometime over the next few months (funds permitting) and I thought I would join up to try and get a little more information about the cars and what to look for before I start having a serious look - ie what options were available on the cars (if any), were there any recalls or common issues etc.

My partner has a 57 plate 1.1 Panda (Active or something like that) - it has horrible black unpainted bumpers, steel wheels, enough wheel gap to fit your head in the arch, and I absolutely love it. Unlike my car, it sips fuel, you can lug stuff around in the back of it, can drive flat-out most of the time without fear of getting in trouble, can park it anywhere, and can get over speed bumps. Ok, it takes forever to get anywhere far, but you get there for pence!

So yeah... hi!

This forum has a LOT more sections on it than I have seen on others I have used btw! A bit daunting for now...

The 1.1 Panda is probably the most fun in that aspect. Thrashable and makes you grin.

Few options for the 100HP. Post-2010 ones lose the Bluetooth/phone.

Ours was a 2011 with subwoofer and glass roof - the glass roof is nice.

Rare options: traction control and extra airbags.

It has two downfalls, which are pretty critical for modern driving:

1. Suspension is very firm. Roadbumps are thus rather unpleasant
2. Turning circle is grim - much worse than the 1.2/1.2

Beyond that, it looks and sounds wonderful. You just have to consider if the firm suspension is worth it.

If you are a driver you will love it.

As mentioned above, the suspension is a little solid, but I am used to a lowered van so don't find it a problem.

Economy is, in my mind, a little poor for what it is, but then i do thrash the hell out of it.

For what I paid for mine and the condition it is in, i can honestly say it is one of the best cars I have owned or driven and I have driven a lot.

Oh and mine as over 200,000 miles and is still going strong and looks like it has half the mileage.

I am hoping to replace it in 2018 as we plan on increasing the size of the family so the four seats will be a little impractical, but I don't know with what as it needs to be as fun as the 100hp.

Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it.

All good to know - thanks you.

Bluetooth, a subwoofer, extra airbags, traction control and a sunroof are all things I do not need or want - so I guess I'm looking for quite a basic model - possibly easier to find and maybe even little cheaper?

My daily is a 2006 Cooper S Works GP, which I modified a bit - I've got coilovers on it with 4 times the OEM spring rates. Most cars people say are quite firm I find comparatively comfortable lol.

My plan is, have a 100hp as my daily for most of the year and keep the GP for summer, which will help preserve the car and save me a lot of money in running costs - money I can then put into my track car (another BMW Mini).

Why do some of the 100hp have Abarth badges on? They seem a lot more attractive.

Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it.

All good to know - thanks you.

Bluetooth, a subwoofer, extra airbags, traction control and a sunroof are all things I do not need or want - so I guess I'm looking for quite a basic model - possibly easier to find and maybe even little cheaper?

My daily is a 2006 Cooper S Works GP, which I modified a bit - I've got coilovers on it with 4 times the OEM spring rates. Most cars people say are quite firm I find comparatively comfortable lol.

My plan is, have a 100hp as my daily for most of the year and keep the GP for summer, which will help preserve the car and save me a lot of money in running costs - money I can then put into my track car (another BMW Mini).

Why do some of the 100hp have Abarth badges on? They seem a lot more attractive.

It sounds like the steering lock and the suspension will be no hassle.

The 100HP never came with Abarth badges. People often add them though.

The £160 annual tax will presumably not put you off, nor the 36-38mpg (which I thought was OK).

Good luck with your search.

Back