Technical Further Euro6 recall

Currently reading:
Technical Further Euro6 recall

rayc

Established member
There is new recall for the euro6 2.3 in addition to the EGR Pipe recall. This time it is to replace the clip that holds the intercooler to the throttle body.
"Fiat has recalled the 2.3-litre diesel Ducato van over concerns the intercooler sleeve could come loose from the throttle body.
The manufacturer says if the condition occurs, the engine warning light will illuminate and drivers will experience a loss of power.
Should the vehicle unexpectedly lose power when in use, it could increase the risk of an accident."

As annoying it is, you got to laugh!

Bung a jubilee Clip on it [emoji23]

Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s what’s wrong with mine, will see Tuesday after egr pipe etc done [emoji51]

I have had a recall notice for mine so I thought I should have a look at the current situation. I think I am looking at the correct clip down by the dipstick and if so it looks OK and very secure to me. Does anyone know what the old and new clips look like?

Attachments

• SDC11773.JPG
    SDC11773.JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 71
Hi the new clip is a jubilee clip with 7mm head on it but don’t be fooled it’s big thick quality jubilee clip,better than the standard ones you find at auto shops fiat don’t want any more trouble with the pipe coming off.

Back