Full Restoration Thread

Currently reading:
Full Restoration Thread

Sad news Dunk, though the Uno shells that do rot do so in a big way so maybe you are better off reshelling.

You can still keep your original registration number if you do this, but you have to be a bit naughty with the chassis plates and somehow 'lose' the chassis numbers on the inner wing. Of course, I do not recommend doing this as it is illegal (ringing), but after it's reshelled who's to know? ;) You know what I am getting at :p

Any luck with finding a new shell yet?

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
i know exactly what ur on about mate hehe and i'm way ahead of u if u know what i mean ;)

still looking as hard as i can for a shell as i wanna get on with it and get it sorted asap!!

if anyone knows of a shell then let me know!!! willing to travel!!

Dunc

i will keep my eye out for you mate, there was one down the road from me last week and it was only 40 quid and i thought of you straight away but when i went back the next day it had gone! does it have to be mk2 or is mk1 the same shell?

darren

Ah hem

Gutted for you dunc... especially after you spend all that money and effort trying to get it sorted... Oh... you probably don't want reminding about that, sorry ;)

Hope you get something sorted soon, guess you're putting the cossie on hold too :( .

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
yeah cossie is on hold at the m until unos done, then gotta get saving lol! bloody cars!

Dunc

tell me about it! should be getting the tipo back on the road this weekend, been waiting for my exhaust bracket to come in from fiats for over two weeks now, if it doesn't come in by friday i am going to get one made!

does it have to be a turbo shell or can it be any model? (3dr of course)
daz

cant you just cut the panel out of the old one and weld it where the sun roof was?

i remeber that being done on a hotrod :p

the roof panel cant be that important to the structural regidity!

serin said:
cant you just cut the panel out of the old one and weld it where the sun roof was?

i remeber that being done on a hotrod :p

the roof panel cant be that important to the structural regidity!

yeah that is what my mate done on his mk1 turbo because it was so rotten, you might even be able to get a roof skin for it still.

right then, update time, will post pics later. ive been busy stripping down my uno, looms nearly out, loads of engine parts are out, dash out, and loads of other bits are out. as i said., i'll get some photos for you all! still on the look out for a shell, but going to look at one tomoz!

Dunc

Back