Full Name field in user profile

Currently reading:
Full Name field in user profile

tonyfurnell

Blueno
Don't know whether this is just a simple admin option, or whether vBulletin perhaps doesn't allow it... but it'd be nice to go to a user's profile and see their full/real name. It's always nice to be able to reply to someone by name in a post -- good to know you're talking to a "real" person and not just another voice in your head...! :spin:

A lot of people are funny about thier names being on forums.

I know the names of people I regularly speak to, if people want you to know their name, they will tell you :)

Stu DemonD

Super LOL!
I agree with Sammi - if someone wants to give their real name, they will; if not, just let it be - once you get to know people anyway, their real name gets about.

As for surnames, well, each to their own - not something I would personally endorse :spin:

OP
OP
tonyfurnell

tonyfurnell

Blueno
I don't mean it has to be compulsory -- just to have the field available, and people can use it if they like, even just for their first names. I've been on numerous forums before which have this optional real name field -- it does make the forum more approachable for newbies, and relative newbies like myself ;)

on PSC they have a field above join date for real name, and if you want you fill it out if not then its not displayed. simple.

it would be better then to some people you dont have to call then punto gt or something lol

Alex

Now hacking in PHP
I'd never admit it on a public forum, but my real name is Ursula :eek:

LOL

Last edited: