Fuel Injector?

Currently reading:
Fuel Injector?

fannon

Well i replaced my fuel pump few weeks ago and iv had no problems, as i was gettin loss of power ect and stalling easily....so i changed the pump, it aint helped as i still get this problem sometimes.

Anyway today i dropped to third for a corner slowing down, and put foot down to get my speed back up...all of a sudden there was a loss of power and the car pretty much wanted to stall on me...and i looked at my dash board and the red injector light was on, you know when you start the car it comes on and goes off, well mine came on..and stayed on for like a while, and then went off again...

Anyway, is the injector a different thing? Or you think its the fuel pump? How hard is it to fix? could i do it myself really?

Cheers.

Its something different!

It could be a number of things, but I've found that when it happened on my car that it was the coil packs. Or at least the connection to the coil packs. Basically I removed the connection, cleaned them with a wee blast of air and then connected them again...and the car worked again!

But I think from memory it could also be the Lambda sensor amongst other things...

Hmm see thats whats pissing me off, it could be lots of things...and i havent got the money to get it fixed.

There's no point in getting it fixed anyway, because im planning on getting a new punto around this year sometime, a mk2...ah well ill just need to stick with it.

But its worth just checking the next time you have a problem with it. Stop the car, disconnect the plugs that go into the coils, blow into the plugs, and reconnect them. Worked for me every time!

In saying that,..since I got the ignition leads renewed I've not had a single problem! :?

Yeh, ill need it fixed anyway if im planning on selling it before i get a new one....

You think if i changed the spark plugs it would maybe fix it? Fiat want 60 quid to run a diagnostics test on it....

How much would it be to get the ignition leads changed?

Got new plugs, and new ignition leads, seems to be running fine now...

I'll let you know once i run about in it a bit...

Back