General Fuel injector warning light - temperature related?

Currently reading:
General Fuel injector warning light - temperature related?

larkim

Established member
On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday last week, I got the fuel injector warning light come on during my drive home.

Strangely, it only came on after driving about 10 miles, and then a) only on the way home and b) only on the motorway at speed. It also went off when I returned to the A roads and 30-40mph. I take a different route home than I do on the way to work, so its usually A roads in the morning and motorway at night.

Is there anything that this would warn about that could be "frozen" by cold air temps? Bear in mind that where I work it was -15degC on Thursday am.

The light has come on each time at almost the same spot on the motorway, which freaked me out the second time it happened, and even more so on the third time.

I've read others post that the light might reflect a loose fuel hose, but I've seen nothing to indicate that.

Matt

Strange! Simple technology with a float in the pump (B fuel pump is the same as the Punto?) Methinks very cold weather and sticking float?

See what happens when the big thaw comes?

If it was code/ECU/injector related then you'd get the red light on the panel? :confused:

Well, it didn't come on last night - same journey, higher temps.

Will maintain a watching brief!

Matt

Back