Technical Fuel injection ECU wiring help

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel injection ECU wiring help

hey gusys. just done a search and no found much about the old fuel injection system on (i think) the mk1 uno. k reg. (square headlights type)

basically i am looking for help on this ECU and wiring system as i plan on replacing the carb setup on my panda 4x4 with nice fuel injection.

hmm so..
one came into our local scrap yard and it had (what i call) the hybrid fuel injection with distributor+ignition module system.

the ECU lives inside the car next to the steering column. i am not use to this kind of ECU that only controls the fuel side of things. the ones on the cinqs and pandas control the ignition and the fuel.

it has a Bosch ECU, and only a few cables connecting it to the car loom.
going on panda, cinq and punto wiring colours:
the large red cable being the main battery live, a smaller orange cable being the ignition live, another i am guessing is for a fuel pump? or it could be for the dash warning light.

this ECU has no crank position sensor, and no way to tell if the engine is "running" unless it detects it some other way?

i have not found any other cables or plugs it could use to detect that the engine is running.. i would have thought that it would detect ignition pulses from the distributor or coil, but none of that plugs into the ECU loom.
how does it know what speed the engine is doing, to administer the correct amount of fuel or adjust for the load?

is this basically just an electronic carburettor? does it not have AFC? (auto fuel cutoff)

am i missing something?

if anyone can give me the details of this.. different fuel injection system, i would be very grateful.

Hi there
I also have a k reg uno and it is the mk2 and as far as I remember there was no mk1 with fuel injection so it's a bit confusing.
Anyhow the first unos with electronic injection were very basic indeed and you are right there was no crank sensor. I might be wrong but probably the rpm is measured by the coil.
I think the Citroën ax and the Peugeot 106 or 205 had the same injection. And the audi 80.
Pm me and I will email you what I have about this injection system. I hope I cam help you

Back