General Fuel consumption

Currently reading:
General Fuel consumption

Just been to the garage to fill up, gone through a tank of fuel since I bought the B just over a week ago.

Come back and done the sums, the consumption works out at 32.5 MPG, very reasonable I think. I've been enjoying the car :) rather than driving for economy.

Compared to my V5 Golf (I think I'm doing well if I see 25 MPG out of that) and the Panda (which does high thirties, but mostly driven in town) the B's pretty parsimonious. Fun and frugal.. a good combination (y)

Cheers,

Plug

Drove up the A68 from Middlesbrough to Scotland last month in the Barchetta. Mostly 50-70 odd mph, had the rev counter pointing Due North many a time and still got 40mpg!

In general running about, getting similar to you - 32-33mpg ish. Believe it or not, it doesn't use much more fuel than the Panda 100hp!

I've never done the sums to work out my fuel economy in the Barchetta but my instincts tell me it's pretty poor. I drive to and from work every day (6 miles each way in heavy traffic) it costs me about £15 a week.

I've never done the sums to work out my fuel economy in the Barchetta but my instincts tell me it's pretty poor. I drive to and from work every day (6 miles each way in heavy traffic) it costs me about £15 a week.

Seems a bit harsh.. 12 miles a day times 5 days is 60 miles, and £15 is around 3 gallons. So 20 mpg seems a bit high. I drove my B from London to home on a tank full... around 350 miles at a combination of 70 plus and walking speed in heavy traffic. I dont know the tank capacity but, I wasnt on the red when I got home.

Steve

Bumble - This car is very good on the motorway, but not if youonly drive round town. It also need once a month a blast down the motorway to keep her running clean.

30 is the average combined depending on mods, style of driving etc....

Bumble - This car is very good on the motorway, but not if youonly drive round town. It also need once a month a blast down the motorway to keep her running clean.

30 is the average combined depending on mods, style of driving etc....

I'm not disagreeing mate... just 20mpg seems high... like my V8 Discovery on a good day...haha

Steve

Back