Fuel consumption diesel Bravo

Currently reading:
Fuel consumption diesel Bravo

D

Durk Larker

I got a Y plate diesel Bravo recently. The guy selling it said it would do 60-65mpg. It does not. I only get 57mpg max out of it, but generally 52-53mpg. Can I sue him for misrepresenting the fuel consumption of the car or is there something I can do with the engine to improve the fuel economy that I might not be aware of? I tried using Miller's additive but this seems to have little affect and is expensive. I buy shell diesel.

Thanks,

Nish.

a car of that age would never do 60+ mpg, tbh my petrol 1.6 does just over 30 so if you're getting over 50mpg then i'd be more than happy with that aha

Parkers state the diesel bravos range from 44-52 mpg depending on the model, so getting 53 mpg is pretty good. As far as legal action is concerned I think it's a bit harsh! You should have really done your homework and not taken his word for it as people can say anything!

and those figures would be for a brand new engine, never mind one that is 10+ years old

well i wouldn't be complaining if i got that mpg

i get 46.5 mpg on a run which for a 9yr old car with 59000 miles on the clock is really good and its only a 1.6 petrol marea weekend.

ANDY

02 marea weekend 100sx 7 SEATER
current mileage: 59000
Bigger is
much better

IMG-20101113-00005copy-1.jpg

Another mot done 5 mots and no advisories the old girl is looking good

Check out my Members Page for a list of the full mods

http://www.fiatboo.co.uk/members/367andykent.htm

so many different things can affect MPG, drivers are the main one! My wife somehow manages to get our car doing 30 around town, I can get it to do 37. on a run i can get anything between 47 - 58 MPG it depends how i drive it, what my average spped is etc etc

Have you changed the wheels?
Are you a bigger lad than the guy you had it from,
Have you added any ice?
Are you always driving around with a partner, children in the car.

like i say way to many things can affect MPG! as for court action, i dont think you would get very far...

stephen01

I am 5'8" and average weight, could do with losing a few lbs but not over weight. But I doubt this would affect fuel consumption, would it? The car is std and has made 48k miles, the wheels look like fiat originals. My Bravo has recently been serviced. Maybe the garage didn't do so good a job? The only people in it are me or my gf, sometimes both at the same time ;@)

The seller emphasized this Bravo was very ecomonical telling 60-65mpg. I drive like a nun, so am disappointed to fall short of the seller's claims which I relied on.

Anyway thanks for the helps.

Im not taking the muck when I say this but you might drive like a nun, BUT your asking god for a miracle to got 60 mpg, im happy with 35-40 on a good run!!!

The JTD will return 60MPG easily if your constantly cruising on the motorway at the same speed. Tried and tested in Europe. However you'll not get 60MPG on day to day driving, a mixture of motorway and city driving. The best you'll get is about 52MPG as per the manual, so if you get 57MPG be grateful.

If you wanted 60+MPG you should of got a diesel Fiat 500 plus cheap tax.

Banner08.jpg

would it be possible to have it remapped to allow for better fuel economy?

a mate of mine had a similar problem with misrepresentation... unfortunately, if it is a private sale of a car then any false information given to you by the seller is irrelevant. common law states that any second hand car is sold as seen unless otherwise stated in writing and provided by the seller at the point of purchase.

sorry about that mate, but the mpg you get is still bloody good!