Technical Front Stabilizer bar bushes

Currently reading:
Technical Front Stabilizer bar bushes

ChrisSim

Reading past posts on removing the mounts for front stabilizer bar on a Fiat Scudo diesel 2008, I and my mechanic are at a loss as to how to separate what look like swaged brackets containing the "rubber" bushings. WE have tried using a cold chisel and a big hammer with no success. Is there a way to separate these metal brackets? Respond if you have this model and have actually done it . Appreciate some assistance.

Further reading , I have found this thread fro November 2011 which seems to explain my issue.
It's not the bushes that's the problem. it's the fact that the brackets holding the bushes are welded together so they can't be removed.
Common problem and well known about. Check out this link, it will save you a lot of money.
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/vie ... =9&t=17886

Follow up after completing the bushes replacement. Purchased the replacement brackets and I thought I would cut through the top part of the old brackets. Not as easy as I thought cutting through hardened steel. Did one and it took nearly 3 hours to cut through one side, and of course because the top would not bend away I still couldn't remove it. Took a big hammer and a long sharp cold chisel and with the bolts free of the top retaining nuts I hit as hard as I could in the limited space I had. It took a few minutes and one side was off. Some online comments suggesting using a screwdriver is optimistic. Replacing the brackets and the "rubber " bushing was again not so easy until I discovered that attaching the top bracket by only a few thread turns and the forcing it into the gap eventually succeded. A bit of swearing was involved. Knowing the technique made the opposite side much easier to do . Probably didn't need the new brackets as the old brackets would have been possible to be re used though the recomendation is to use new mounting bolts. It definitely wasn't easy but satisfaction with success made it worth while. The constant knocking noise over any rough road is now gone. Good luck anyone doing the same

my tools and the removed parts. The brick chisel I had to sharpen .

Attachments

• IMG_20220807_123225.jpg
    IMG_20220807_123225.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20220807_123047.jpg
    IMG_20220807_123047.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 30
Back