General Front Mud Flaps - Desparately needed

Currently reading:
General Front Mud Flaps - Desparately needed

Fiat really need to bring out some front flaps as my 500 after only 3,500 miles already needs a re-paint because of hundreds of small stone chips on the rear quarter panel just above the sill on both sides. This is the place that sticks out at the back of the door, as the door recesses into the panel if you know what I mean.

The car is black & in the sun you can see hundreds of small stone chips which ruins the look of the car. This is caused by the grit thrown up by the exposed lower part of the front wheel which the airflow then fires rearwards.(n)

Fiat really need to bring out some front flaps as my 500 after only 3,500 miles already needs a re-paint because of hundreds of small stone chips on the rear quarter panel just above the sill on both sides. This is the place that sticks out at the back of the door, as the door recesses into the panel if you know what I mean.

The car is black & in the sun you can see hundreds of small stone chips which ruins the look of the car. This is caused by the grit thrown up by the exposed lower part of the front wheel which the airflow then fires rearwards.(n)

OMG, sounds really bad, surely Fiat should auto supply them with the car if this is happening?

I had this also on my Stilo(s). Mud flaps which were reasonably neat did cure the problem. Sadly the real culprit is our absolutely rubbish UK roads, but having said that, I have always found that Fiat paint chips with incredible ease compared with most other manufacturers.

back ones dont look that bad these are mine

back20.JPG

Its a car and its painted, roads have debris on them and if you use the car it will get chipped, its something you just have to accept... you can get a universal type mudflap that is contoured to fit various shapes. I had some on a Panda once and they looked and worked great.

I think i'll start looking now for a sheet of good old clear vinyl and cut that to shape when mine arrives. but i admit i would prefer front mudflaps to be available from fiat. i hope maybe buy the time my car arrives they could be out!

I posted a thread few weeks ago on why no front mudflaps on 500, when they produce rears. I could live with the rear elephant ear mudflaps if they did front too. Cars look wrong with rear mudflaps and no front mudflaps. Cannot understand why lazy Fiat have not sorted this problem out, as the y are essential.

Back