General Front Disc Backing Plate.

Currently reading:
General Front Disc Backing Plate.

gholian

I had a rattle develope in one of the front wheels a week ago. Tought it was a wheel bearing but when I jacked it up discovered that on the passenger side the tin cover that goes around the disc had broken off on two points and was just hanging there with one bolt attached to it. I think this is used to keep dust or water off the disc. I was going to pull it off altogether but tought it must be there for a reason. I was wondering does anyone know if it is still possible to get this for the UNO. If I had a part number I could try and get one at the dealers if they are not too expensive. I wonder are they the same as used on the Punto.
Any help appriceated.

I would take it off, use the car, but source a used one to put back on at some later time. they help keep a bit of water and rubbish off the disc, the other uncovered side is covered by the wheel. You should get a used one for nothing or a bottle of beer. Wine in my case!!

I have a spare, but too far to send it, if you want to pick it up you can have it for nothing!!:)

Could have dropped it off at your place this time last year.

Back